Bradman Debate Third Umpire

Guest HariSampath

Guest HariSampath

To all members: Thank you very much for much valued participation in the debate , which was unfortunately interrupted due to Bheem's lack of ability to concentrate, and Rajeev's reluctance to allow a discussion in which everyone can participate together. For the record, I wish to say that both their actions are against the spirit and principles of a discussion forum on cricket, and I strongly express my views on such " take it this way or leave it" attitude. However , in order to continue the discussion regarding a cricket subject close to my heart, I wish to carry it forward to its logical conclusion. ( in fact the only logical conclusion as we all know) :D Please use this thread to be VIP spectatiors and expert commentators and Third umpires :two_thumbs_up: Thanks I appreciate it.

First up I have strong reservations against this whole 1on1 thing. I could have still understood had the point been made politely. As it turns out BB acted in manner befitting of a jerk. How else do I describe a man who has the galls to call everyone else's post as trash!! This when the gentleman made 10 posts, 9 of those dealing with rules/regulations and what not. I must say it disappoints me greatly how powers that be up here fail to see how jingoistic he actually became in that thread. I personally had a good time digging with those old era records, stats and hearing peer views. So all in all not a bad experience save one person. And thanks specially to Hari S, you definitely know your cricket Sir.

Lurks ... how about first trying to lecture those who had started the name calling rhetorics and what have you in that thread ? And I thought you didnt like the idea of a thread digressing from the OP ? So if people have the gall to violate those rules I have the right to call that thread as a trash.
Lecture who? I am assuming you have issues with one person, if that. So help me understand what made you harp not once, not twice but myriad of times the word Trash over and again to dismiss everyone else's point of view? Did YOU point out who/what was actually bugging you? If NOT then why the hell should I do your legwork? In that thread I read some good titbits from Hari, Yoda, Bumper, KR, Gambo, SF and Bongosamaj. I am sure you have issues with one name but I found more substance in his thread that I did in yours. Simple. If you want to ignore him, do so by all means, heck ignore my post as well for all I care but stop talking as if everyone else here is talking cr@p. The biggest trash on that thread was YOU..and thats the only good thing that came out of Rajeev opening a new thread....good riddance to bad rubbish. xxxx
Guest HariSampath
Seconded' date=' Lurker. Disgusting, really.[/quote'] Don't worry.... just watch the fun .... if you all want to know why I am doing this, please go to the intro thread and see Bheem's intro and my response to it :haha:, just that he is upset I have suckered him into an argument in which he himself knows he is wrong, and now desperate to save his ego, acts in that manner of not wanting to discuss publicly. Let go, and watch the fun:dance:
Because I thought you were the caretaker of ettiquettes here or atleast thats how you come across ... If you bothered to read that thread ... I had made a very humble request to that effect even before the usual suspects stepped in.
Then you need to go back to school. Did you make me the caretaker of ettiquttes here? Or am I am honorary Ettiqutte checker here selected by ICF? If not then what makes you think I was? Yes I did read your request and by and large most people abided by it. Most posters never asked you for any replies, did they? I personally never wrote you a reply, if anything I was conversing with Hari/SF/Yoda/Gambo etc. And off the top of my head I know a few others that did NOT(reply to you that is). You got bogged by one person, admit it. And my question remains - Instead of pointing him/her out what gives to call everyone else's view trash?
read post number # 3 above .... Iam not here to prove that my ass is fairer than yours .... try to avoid making bellicose statments if you want this to continue .... it makes no difference to me if I win or lose .... because unlike you I dont see a debate as a means to prop up my ego or go chest thumping proclaiming I won .... Iam far more secure than what you think ....
You are far less secure than you realize. I am yet to meet a person on this board who mentions how secure he is, how correct he is, how he goes by fact, how he is a straight shooter yada yada yada, as many dozen times you do everyday. Here's a free advise - Let OTHERS say that, and not you. Talking all of that makes you seem only insecure. Now go chew on it. xxx
remind me again who started the complaining yesterday (BTW did u get an answer on why your friend doesnt like PMs ?) And I wasnt even talking to Lurks today .... contact Lurker for further details ... and please try to stick around till this is resolved else please hold your counsel.
I am just saying you need to chill. :shades_smile:
Guest HariSampath
ok now that we are all chilled .. shall I lock this thread so that it stays chilled :giggle::D
This thread was not started by me for you, but only to enable others to comment on your points from the other discussion here,. If you are afraid, lock this thread. In any case, why are u squabbling here more, wre you not saying this distracts you ? So if that is true, avoid this, and stick to the issues there :giggle: