Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time.

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time.

[ PS - have you ever watched his 136 vs Pakistan @ Chennai ? That is the best knock he has ever played (for me) - India were in dire straights with half their batting lineup out with less than 100 on the board. Facing an excellent bowling attack of Wasim, Waqar, Saqlain - he battled back-spasms and resurrected India's hopes by carrying them just inches away from what initially looked like, an impossible victory. That knock was just as good as anything i have ever seen from Lara (i rate it alongside his 153* as the best knocks ever played) but what was the difference - besides the result ? Lara had a competent supporting cast (the most prominent being Jimmy Adams, who averaged over 50 at the time) whereas Tendulkar was stuck with a bunch of gutless fools who couldn't score a handful of runs. Is that Tendulkar's failure or the team's ? Do you catch my drift ? Cricket is a team sport, and especially in Test cricket - no one man can singlehandedly carry his team past the finish line. A man's individual efforts can only be as good as his team can allow them be.
Major difference(other than the result) is that SRT got out Lara didn't.

[ PS - have you ever watched his 136 vs Pakistan @ Chennai ? That is the best knock he has ever played (for me) - quote] MundaPakistani wrote: Major difference(other than the result) is that SRT got out Lara didn't.
Exactly !!! Who remembers that South Africa came within 1 run of winning the 1999 World Cup ??? Not many !!! But all remember the mighty Australians !! And who remembers Richards innings in the 1983 W/Cup Final that almost took Windies to victory ?? No-one !!!...........but all remember the victors India !! Similarly........153* won and is ranked No. 1 innings of all time, while 136 lost and is not in the rankings. This is why I always have said that Sachin is mentally weak, and consequently unable to Perform Under Pressure aka PUP, though in Sachin's case we call it POOP ! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. Ravi, can we get Sachin to come on this board like Sri ??? I would like to ask him why is he so mentally weak ?? Compared him with Dravid, it's like cheese and chalk ! Also, why is his batting style so timid like an ordinary No. 7 batsman in a poor England side ? Can we get him to answer these questions ??..........I think all India wants to know.

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. If you are going to get an answer to that TBP you must be dreaming. The best comments Sachin will mostly make about anything is "NO COMMENTS". Sachin isn't internet savvy and mostly doesn't read what media writes about him. He believes in his bat doing the talking. There are several other cricketers that are media savvy and am sure they will lurk here sometimes. I have been spreading the word and surely it won't be long before they will take a look here.

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. OK...........but someone should tell him these are burning questions that 1 billion people would like to know the answers. - Mentally weak. - Timidity rather than domination. - Poor stamina in the conversion of centuries to doubles and triples. Burning issues re Sachin.

BTW when I get to meet Sunil Gavaskar I will pass on your comments to him and am sure he will be happy to know he isn't a forgotten man of "Indian Cricket". :wtg:
OK..........Sunny the batsman is No 1. But he talks outta his ass sometimes.........the latest is when he told Sachin to play on to ensure all records are held by India.

OK...........but someone should tell him these are burning questions that 1 billion people would like to know the answers. - Mentally weak. - Timidity rather than domination. - Poor stamina in the conversion of centuries to doubles and triples. Burning issues re Sachin.
Didn't know Carribean population is 1 Billion :lol:

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. Believe me 0.5 billion Indians will never give up on Sachin. They are very much used to seeing Sachin since about 17 years. :hic: It is all good for you pull up stats from internet and post on a forums. The half billion I'm talking about are busy in their daily life and don't time enough to analyze one man as much as you do :lol: For them there is no better bat than Sachin Tendulkar. Call it blind faith but it won't change a thing for them.

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. The last time I had been to India, every other kid I saw was wielding a bat with MRF on it. If you talked cricket it would start and end with Sachin Tendulkar. I saw few teenagers looking a replica of Tendulkar in defense in the nets. No need to mention the boys were pretty keen to sport fake MRF label on their low cost bats. I walked into a sports shop to buy a bat and saw few kids checking out a bat. Guess what was the label of the bat? Yup you must have guessed it already "MRF". There were special programs on innumerous cable TV channels playing every now and then. Guess whose innings was shown more often? Yup it showed "Tendulkar" more than Rahul Dravid or say the current rage Dhoni. We were watching a game (Malaysia triseries) in a pub and few guys staged a walk out after Sachin got out against Australia in the finals. Sachin's 140+ against West Indies was talk of the town for over a week. With this kind of following it is not easy for people to forget him in a jiff. I think Tendulkar must consider himself really very lucky to have a following like this in his home country.

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. No..............West Indians are far more critical of their cricketing heroes than Indians. That's one major difference with you guys. If Lara had put in a batting performance like Sachin in SA ( unlikely because Lara either gets out early or blasts the opposition.......there is no timidity), then he would be hauled thru the coals by Windies fans.........and rightly so. The culture of Sachin worship like a god-like figure only happens in India.

Re: Gavaskar will remain the No. 1 Indian batsman of all time. Yet somehow 47 avg away from home is quite acceptable to you guys, this is such a waste of time, just uttering rubbish and believing them to be true. Go ahead, waste more of your time :hic:

No..............West Indians are far more critical of their cricketing heroes than Indians. That's one major difference with you guys. If Lara had put in a batting performance like Sachin in SA ( unlikely because Lara either gets out early or blasts the opposition.......there is no timidity), then he would be hauled thru the coals by Windies fans.........and rightly so. The culture of Sachin worship like a god-like figure only happens in India.
You are horribly wrong TBP. For starters there is no West Indies. It is a collection, or groups, of islands coming together. Otherwise each one of them are Independent countries and compete independently in International Games. Jamaica and Antigua do not march under the same banner in Olympics, do they now? India on the other hand is a country, a country of billion mad cricket fans so obviously hero-worship would be lot more. Coming to god-like figure happening in India you are wrong again. HAve you ever checked a Pakistan's infatuation with Imran Khan? Without sounding rude they seem to even celebrate the fact that he slept with a lot of girls. Maybe it is a sub-continent thing but certainly not Indian only. xxxx

No..............West Indians are far more critical of their cricketing heroes than Indians.
Yea right. That's why you get orgasmic over a guy who batted selfishly forever to get the 400* record?