Request to Pakistani supporters

kabira

I still have faith in Sami, I really do. But I think for now there isn't really a place in the team. My first choice pace bowling lineup would be: Mohammad Asif Shoaib Akhtar Umar Gul Bringing in Sami would mean dropping Umar Gul. And that just wouldn't be fair. Unless for some reason Pakistan decide to go with a 4 seamer attack (which is highly unlikely on a tour of India).

Rana has been playing county and has suffered a serious injury to his shoulder. He is currently on the rehabilitation phase.
that sucks. from the matches ive seen, he always seems to not know where to bowl especially during crucial situations. i remember one of the odis from last year when yuvraj and dhoni had their way with him.
kablooee87 good to know that you have faith...1 billion indians have faith in him too. How can he be back?
Say what you want but I still think we don't win that Bangalore test in 2005 without Sami. He was just so determined that day. The only way Sami will be back in the near future IMO, is if one of the seamers is somehow unavailable. Given recent history....that probably means he'll get a game or two :P. Seriously though, I think as of right now he is behind Tanvir, Rao, and maybe even Najaf Shah in the pecking order in the selectors minds.
that sucks. from the matches ive seen' date=' he always seems to not know where to bowl especially during crucial situations. i remember one of the odis from last year when yuvraj and dhoni had their way with him.[/quote'] The thing about Rana....he just tries hard. Like he doesn't have all that much natural talent, he's just someone who continuously bends his back and gives it his all. At the international level, that works for a while, but eventually the batsman catch up. That being said, he is still a decent bowler and I think we'll definitely see him again.

:haha:@ this thread

I still have faith in Sami, I really do. But I think for now there isn't really a place in the team. My first choice pace bowling lineup would be: Mohammad Asif Shoaib Akhtar Umar Gul Bringing in Sami would mean dropping Umar Gul. And that just wouldn't be fair. Unless for some reason Pakistan decide to go with a 4 seamer attack (which is highly unlikely on a tour of India).
You are right but how likely is it to for all 3 of them to be fit for a test match? it hasn't happened in the last 2 years so i am not very hopeful.
:haha:@ this thread You are right but how likely is it to for all 3 of them to be fit for a test match? it hasn't happened in the last 2 years so i am not very hopeful.
Yea that's what I said in the post afterwards. Pakistani pace injuries are the reason people like Sami still have a shot.