Who was driving the Aston Martin in the Reliance Car Crash?

ganeshran

RIL driver or a person resembling him was driving Aston Martin: Complainant

MUMBAI: The Pedder Road accident earlier this month involving an Aston Martin witnessed a twist on Wednesday after the complainant, Phorum Ruparel, told a magistrate that Reliance Ports driver Bansilal Joshi, or a person resembling Joshi, was driving the Aston Martin that collided with two other cars—the Audi that she was driving and an Elantra. Joshi had approached the police on December 9 and "confessed" to driving the car following speculation about the identity of the driver. There were reports of witnesses initially telling cops that they had seen a portly young man getting out of the Aston Martin. Rumours of those involved in the mishap being "compensated" are doing the rounds, but police officials denied any knowledge. Ruparel could not be contacted for her version of events. A senior police official told TOI, "Complainant Phoram Ruparel's statement has been recorded before Uday Ahire, a magistrate, under section 164 of the CrPC which is admissible evidence in court. Ruparel has identified 55-year-old Joshi as the driver of the Aston Martin car. So far, the complainant was changing her statement. The CCTV footage was not clear and the cell phone tower location did not conclusively establish who was driving the Aston Martin. In her statement, the complainant has told the magistrate about the driver's identity." The accident occurred on December 8; the Aston Martin collided with an Audi and an Elantra on Pedder Road injuring three people. After Ruparel's statement, cops are likely to summon Joshi again and arrest him. The police, who found the fingerprints of two persons in the Aston Martin, will now match them with Joshi's. Ruparel, a 25-year-old student, had complained to the police that the Aston Martin hit her car from behind with such force that she lost control over her vehicle. The Audi jumped over the divider and hit an oncoming private bus. "The Aston Martin then hit an Elantra and halted after travelling another 30-35 metres. A wheel of the car came off due to the collisions," said a police officer. Ruparel, whose Audi was smashed in the pile-up is believed to have been compensated. However, the policemen said they had no clue about it. The Gamdevi police have registered a case against an unknown person for rash driving and negligence under Sections 279 and 337 of the Indian Penal Code, and the Motor Vehicles Act. The police had earlier recorded the statements of Ruparel and another victim, Vikash Mishra.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/RIL-driver-or-a-person-resembling-him-was-driving-Aston-Martin-Complainant/articleshow/27933586.cms $$$$...

These are very well deliberate rumors being created so that some morally superior persons can find an "incident" which they can lament on through their rhetorical observations in (social) media and in process feel that they are superiorly conscientious then common men.
Arrey Bhai yaahan bahut log armchair Forensic experts hai with lots of free time to investigate on social media sitting in diff timezones.

Aston Martin case: Crash victim buys Rs 40L Audi

MUMBAI: Phorum Ruparel, the complainant in the Pedder Road accident case involving an Aston Martin earlier this month, denied receiving any compensation as she replaced her damaged Audi 4 with the latest model, the Audi 6, worth at least Rs 40 lakh. The licence plate of the new car sporting a fancy number (MH03 BJ 6666) triggered a controversy with the RTO saying it was "illegal" as it had not been registered with the transport department. It issued a showcause notice on Thursday. "There was no compensation involved. My car was declared a total loss and the insurance company was ready to replace my old Audi 4 with a new one. But I put in some more money and I upgraded it to the Audi 6," said Phorum, a 25-year-old student. If she appeared a bit cagey, her mother was categorical. "The new car has been purchased from our own money. Nobody from Reliance approached us," she said. Sources said the new Audi 6 is worth at least Rs 40 lakh and the tax would amount to about Rs 4 lakh. For the fancy number, they would have had to pay at least Rs 70,000. TOI enquiries in the RTO revealed that the number MH03 BJ 6666—as captured in photographs of the Audi 6 published on Thursday—had not yet been allotted to Phorum Ruparel by the Wadala RTO. The car owner had paid the "reserve price" for the special number 6666 and this amount (Rs 70,000) was deposited with the RTO on Monday. "The taxes may be paid through the dealer, but the car is not yet registered on that number," a senior official said. "We have paid all taxes and asked the RTO to register the vehicle in the new year (January 4). We are not taking the car out till then, so there should be no problem," said Phorum. When told that fixing a number plate before registration was deemed illegal, she said she would abide by the rules once the RTO notice arrives. "As of now, we have not received any notice. If required, we will remove the number plate," she said. Ruparel has identified Reliance Ports driver Bansilal Joshi, or a person resembling Joshi, as the one at the wheel of the Aston Martin that rammed into her Audi and an Elantra on December 9. Joshi, 55, had approached the police later that day and "confessed" to driving the car. There were reports earlier of witnesses initially telling the police that they had seen a portly young man get out of the car after the accident. "I don't wish to pursue the case further because, according to police investigation, Bansilal Joshi was the accused," she said. When TOI visited Ruparel's flat on Thursday afternoon, the new car with the number plate was found parked near the stilt area. Wadala regional transport officer B I Ajri confirmed a notice had been sent to the car owner for "unauthorized use" and the flying squad of the Wadala RTO was being alerted. "If the car owner does not comply, we can refer the matter to the local police station, which can prosecute the person under section 420 of IPC," another senior officer said. The number 6666 was the same one in Ruparel's old car (MH14 DN 6666). "We sought the same VIP number for the new car as it is our preferred number and have paid a premium amount for it," Ruparel said. An RTO official said the money was received to "reserve" the number and it had not been allotted to the person till Thursday. Joining her daughter in dismissing talk of compensation, Ruparel's mother said they belonged to an affluent family and were able to afford an expensive car. "So it should not surprise the media and one cannot jump to wrong conclusions that we are being compensated by Reliance. The new car has been purchased from our own money. Nobody from Reliance approached us," she said.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/New-Audi-bought-with-own-money-Aston-Martin-mishap-complainant/articleshow/27989783.cms so in just 15 days since the accident happened she managed to file an insurance complaint, get the clain settled, recieve the money and take delivery of an Audi A6........

Looks like the affected parties settled the issue amongst themselves. If there were no casualties or major injuries, not an issue worth losing sleep over imo. If somebody I knew were in this situation I would have considered this the best possible outcome.

Looks like the affected parties settled the issue amongst themselves. If there were no casualties or major injuries' date=' not an issue worth losing sleep over imo. If somebody I knew were in this situation I would have considered this the best possible outcome.[/quote'] No I believe this guy could walk away with settlement because he was son of Mr. Ambani. What about that news of two people getting killed? I want culprits to be brought to justice and punished with full force of law. Until then I keep posting against this outrage in social media as part of my efforts to prove my worth to this country and society.

No I believe this guy could walk away with settlement because he was son of Mr. Ambani. What about that news of two people getting killed? I want culprits to be brought to justice and punished with full force of law. Until then I keep posting against this outrage in social media as part of my efforts to prove my worth to this country and society.
That's speculation still. Apart from that yea if Mr. Amabani's son can settle a case where he 'accidentally' rammed into two other cars then so be it. There must be some advantage to being a Ambani after all. One of the complainants has gone ahead and replaced her A4 with the latest A6 and dropped a further 70k on a number plate. She's probably grateful that Ambani junior rammed his Aston Martin into her car.

Just trying to understand this - unless someone dies no laws like leaving the scene of an accident and misrepresentation of the driver are broken or mean anything. If you are going to resolve everything among two parties go ahead and introduce blood money as well.
Ur right, that was my stupid comment quota for the week. Dumb post on my part.