Indian-American becomes Governor

Ram

His own parents are not proud of his actions, how can you expect other "Indians" to be? Here, read and weep: http://www.indolink.com/Living/America/a91.php HURTING PARENTS Jindal recalls, “My parents were infuriated by my conversion and have yet to fully forgive me.†He even steeled himself for the worst by becoming financially independent. But that hardly prepared him for the emotional battles that ensued. As Jindal explains, “My parents went through different phases of anger and disappointment. They blamed themselves for being bad parents, blamed me for being a bad son and blamed evangelists for spreading dissension. There were heated discussions, many of them invoking family loyalty and national identity.†He elaborates: “My parents have never truly accepted my conversion and still see my faith as a negative that overshadows my accomplishments. They were hurt and felt I was rejecting them by accepting Christianity. According to Jindal, his parents resorted to “ethnic loyalty†to counter his new faith In his 1993 article, Jindal says wistfully, “I long for the day when my parents understand, respect and possibly accept my faith. For now I am satisfied that they accept me.†[sicko wants to convert his parents as well] THEOLOGICAL MOTIVATION What was the motivation for Jindal’s rejection of Hinduism and his acceptance of Christianity? The answer can be pieced together in his own words. Essentially Jindal claims that having studied the Bible, he accepted Jesus Christ’s radical claim to divinity, along with Christ’s redemptive sacrifice on the cross. That is, Christ had died to redeem mankind from sin. “I was comfortable in my Hindu faith and enjoyed an active prayer life; I only gradually felt a void and stubbornly resisted God’s call…it was truth and love that finally forced me to accept Christ as Lord†Jindal recalled in an article. In comparing Hinduism with his new faith, Jindal noted that whereas “Hinduism taught me to earn my way to God’s grace†he found Christ’s sacrifice on the cross meant something personal for him. “God loved me and was lifting me up to Him†declared Jindal, two years after his conversion. The young Hindu American had examined Hinduism and found it wanting. Looked at from another perspective, the Hindus whom he approached were not competent enough to satisfy his intellectual curiosity. Having quenched his spiritual needs he went on to declare: “If Christianity is merely one of many equally valid religions, then the sacrifices I made, including the loss of my family’s peace, were senseless.†While he explains that he is aware of “gross injustices in the name of truth and God†committed by missionaries in India and elsewhere, Jindal is appreciative of their enormous contributions to health and education. That’s why he exhorts: “Let us all become missionaries and live so that the world will know us by our love.†As Jindal went on to explain, there is need for a balance between ecumenism and evangelism. That’s why he exhorts fellow Christians: “we must be humble enough to recognize that we can learn from other faiths but also that love should motivate us to share our faith with others.†While dependence on God and belief in His supremacy is key to Jindal’s acceptance of what he calls “one objectively true faith,†his vision of Christianity also means that because each individual is born with an inner need to know God, he too is “called to share his faith in Christ so as to help others fill that void.†[sicko wants to convert more people to christianity] CONCERN OF INDIAN AMERICANS Meanwhile Indian Americans, who have contributed handsomely to Jindal’s campaign chest, are raising some legitimate concerns. For example, in an article entitled ‘Who is the real Bobby Jindal?’ written by Ramesh Rao and published in the newsletter of the Indian American Policy Institute, the following question is raised: “One-third of the money Jindal has raised, we are told, was contributed by Indian-Americans. Should they not be wondering what made Jindal convert to Catholicism? None seemed to have bothered to ask. He tells the usual story of how Jesus came into his life: more or less the standard spiel that every Campus Christian Crusader spouts. What was missing in his Hindu faith and background that made him convert? We don’t get any insight from the simple mention of how a high school friend gave him a Bible, and how he read it, and how it changed his life.†Ramesh Rao goes on to explain: “I have very, very high regard for Bobby Jindal for his accomplishments, and for his ability to articulate ideas. I am very, very concerned, however, about his far right views. When Indian-American supporters assert that Jindal is "One of us", I really don´t know what is meant by that except that he is a son of Indian immigrants. … It is almost as if his Indian supporters and Indian-American newspapers want to ignore what he truly is: an ultra-conservative Christian politician. The suggestion is that Jindal’s conservative agenda, and his conversion to Catholicism “indicate that when Jindal, as an 18 year-old converted to Catholicism, knew well that that was the only way, as an Indian-American Hindu he could achieve his political ambitions.â€
hehe.. I didnt see his parents weeping when he became the Governor. You were able to pull a website that published bits and pieces of his interview that highlighted his conversion, you may be able to pull a video that shows his mother by his side when he does campaign all around the state and when he did victory speech too. Go ahead and do a search to see for yourself. This type of website are only good for hindu fundoos Man, not good at convincing educated people. If you are going to read the stuff put out by some Ramesh Rao who got the first chance in his life to write something up then go ahead. I dont want to write pages on supporting Jindal or anything only want to say that the guy has accomplished something which many have missed out and are now finding ways to forget about it which they are not able to.

only want to say that the guy has accomplished something which many have missed out and are now finding ways to forget about it which they are not able to.
Again, Freud, how do you reconcile this perspective with me quoting the name of a FAR MORE ACCOMPLISHED desi NRI/PIO as well ?