Dump called Indian cricket.

jf1gp_1

Re: Dump called Indian cricket. My OP wasnt just about Sachin being named VC, it was about the state of Indian cricket as a whole. Look at what dalmiya did for Indian cricket, he made us the riches board but he took his share on his own so now cant return to BCCI. We all are smart enough to understand what happened behind closed doors. I cant see one reason how Rahul-Sachin-Saurav-VVS are friendly at personal level. Any one of the four who claims all is well between them is a liar. Each has his camp, rahul has kumble and all the ones who made debut under him. Ganguly has his group with bhaji,zaheer, yuvraj. This is visible to an outside, who knows how bad it is inside that dressing room. How can you expect to win a WC like this. And sorry, all those who blame Chappel for all this i disagree, you have to remember that it was ganguly who stopped scoring. Doesnt matter how you twist statistics, if one understands crickets even a bit then noone can argue that ganguly had to be dropped.

Re: Dump called Indian cricket. It is ridiculous to suggest that Tendu wants to be VC to hold on to his spot in the team. That is an unwarranted, unsubstantiated low blow. I agree with one of the earlier posters. Dravid's tenure as captain is itself very shaky and none of the other players mentioned (Yuvraj/Dhoni) are high on the BCCI's list in terms of responsibility and behavior. Laxman for now does not have a ODI spot. Choice obviously falls on SRT or Ganguly. As of now the only two responsible and guaranteed-spot players in the team are SRT and Dravid.

Re: Dump called Indian cricket.

Namashkar' date=' Pujari-ji! :lol:[/quote']Whatever :lol: I don't see why in ODIs he needs to grab the VC post to be in the squad. But since you're so brilliant you probably can :lol: But your brilliant mind probably missed my posts (here and in another thread too) long before yours saying it was a mistake, but please do continue to feel great deluding yourself to be so neutral, as if I care.

It is ridiculous to suggest that Tendu wants to be VC to hold on to his spot in the team. That is an unwarranted, unsubstantiated low blow.
According to same people we won the first test in SA because of ganguly and lost the next two because of rahul/chappel.

It is ridiculous to suggest that Tendu wants to be VC to hold on to his spot in the team. That is an unwarranted' date=' unsubstantiated low blow.[/quote'] There are rumours that SRT may take over as cappo if we fail miserably in the wcup and that he was made VC only after he was ready to be a captain again. If this is true, the question remains: "Why is he interested in captaincy all of a sudden, after admitting that it was affecting his batting ?" Why are these leading dailies reporting this ? http://www.indianexpress.com/sunday/story/20849.html http://in.sports.yahoo.com/070113/48/6b42z.html A snippet from the above: The source even pointed out that over the "last month or so", Tendulkar has been dropping clear hints that he won't mind taking up the skipper's job

Re: Dump called Indian cricket. He prolly doesn't mind taking over cause he thinks he can't suck more than RD. And I wouldn't fault him given the way we are performing in ODIs and tests, with the WI test series being the only consolation factor in the last several months. To stretch that and conclude that he wants to do it only so he can hold on to a spot in the team is both meaningless and laughable.

Re: Dump called Indian cricket. Am not sure SRT was a better captain than Dravid. Under Dravid we won two overseas tests (one a historic series win, another a first ever test win in SA), and had a world record chasing streak in ODIs. Under SRT there were simply no highlights to list. That said, IMO, SRT's candidacy for captaincy doesnt augur well for the team. 1) Is captaining a (losing) Indian team a high pressure job ? Yes 2) Does SRT react well under pressure ? No 3) Does captaincy affect SRT's batting ? Yes 4) Is SRT batting better than he used to in the 90s ? No. I dont see any logic in him wanting to be captain, at this point, when he is clearly struggling as a batsman. Draw your own conclusions!

Draw your own conclusions!
My conclusion, dear Bumper, is that Indian cricket team is crap not because of the players and officials only. Sure they have their own way of making sure we suck on world arena but the single greatest fault lies with the Indian fans. Period! How so you ask? Well let me explain that with an example. About a year or so back while Sachin was recovering there was this photo-feature in most Indian media showing Sachin exercising his shoulders. Accompanying the article was opinion of the trainer who was looking after Sachin. His words were, and I paraphrase, "I have never seen anyone who is so fit and so takes after what he is being taught. He shall be back with a bang". A year later and not only is Sachin not 100% fit but has lack of form too. What that tells me is how we, Indians, are quick to leave our judgement when it comes to support our modern Gods. When I read that article I fumed simply because it was a great lie and was sold to us with people being naive enough to gobble it. When Sachin is the person who can lend a trainer to suggest "have not seen anyone so fit" there is something fundamentally wrong with fitness of Indians. Coming back to the point it is a stupid move by BCCI, and Sachin himself, but like it always happens they both shall get away with it. Why? Simply because Sachin supporters would come to their masters rescue, as Ganguly's had done a year or so back. xx