Back up pace bowlers - disheartening.

gator

While, it is very heartening to have 2 145+ kph bowlers in our first team - Sreesonic and RPS, it is heart-breaking to see the reserve pace bowlers in this edition of challengers..... each of them have the perfect attributes of a pace bowler.... built - min 6'2 -6'3 kinda height, athletic, broad shouldered and strong... trundling at 125 kph.... praveen kumar, pankaj singh, Bose, even Yo Mahesh, Munaf Patel, Joginder Sharma.Sid Trivedi, Gangandeep - the list goes on.... depressing... the only saving grace in this list of Nancies is Ishant Sharma.... this youngster is prolly the lankiest of em, but at 6'6, he run in and bowls 140 consistently.... atleast he has the heart of a man... the rest are jus built strong, they dont wanna strain themselves because there are plenty of easy wickets on offer as long as u maintain line and length.... WTH happened to promising fast bowlers like Nabi, VRV, Abu Nechim.... Yo has really fallen in pace from consistent 140+ bowling a year back....more because he has a lot of faults creeping into his action.... he is losing control and hence cutting down on speed...
Nabi has joined ICL if you don't know! And I've never seen him bowling above 135 whenever I saw him in the Deodhar trophy matches. Abu Nacheem!! Now where has he disappeared? I counted on him getting selected for India A but wonder where has he gone. He wasn't selected for Challengers either. Has anyone got an idea? Yo Mahesh can still top 140 but in India the quicker you bowl the faster you are dispatched in the stands. I thought he was curbing pace deliberately. And Gator, Won't it be better if look at control, accuracy, movement, swing and of course intelligence ahead of this petty speed thing? Last year Hoggard was bowling in 120s in India to maximise swing and wasn't he the most successful bowler in tests? Pathan bowled in 120s for more than a year and as long as he had control and swing intact he kept on taking wickets in heap even on the flattest Pak track.
Nabi has joined ICL if you don't know! And I've never seen him bowling above 135 whenever I saw him in the Deodhar trophy matches. Abu Nacheem!! Now where has he disappeared? I counted on him getting selected for India A but wonder where has he gone. He wasn't selected for Challengers either. Has anyone got an idea? Yo Mahesh can still top 140 but in India the quicker you bowl the faster you are dispatched in the stands. I thought he was curbing pace deliberately. And Gator, Won't it be better if look at control, accuracy, movement, swing and of course intelligence ahead of this petty speed thing? Last year Hoggard was bowling in 120s in India to maximise swing and wasn't he the most successful bowler in tests? Pathan bowled in 120s for more than a year and as long as he had control and swing intact he kept on taking wickets in heap even on the flattest Pak track.
Chandan, ur examples of successful medium pacers may be true for a series or a season.... the greatest matchwinning seam bowlers have always been 140+ bowlers... there is nothing u can show me in history to prove otherwise.... except maybe a mcgrath and 1 or 2 more...
Chandan, ur examples of successful medium pacers may be true for a series or a season.... the greatest matchwinning seam bowlers have always been 140+ bowlers... there is nothing u can show me in history to prove otherwise.... except maybe a mcgrath and 1 or 2 more...
McGrath was a 135kmph bowler !
agree! this is especially true for swing bowlers. It's also no coincidence that in recent times the Indian bowlers like RP Singh and Sree have been able to do well because they have increased their pace.