The American Invasion Has Begun !!!

Predator_05

81,000 PACKED WEMBLEY STADIUM IN LONDON TO WATCH THE MIAMI DOLPHINS FACE OFF AGAINST THE NEW YORK GIANTS AS THE NFL PLAYED IT'S FIRST OFFICIAL SEASON GAME IN EUROPE ! 81,000 - A SOLD OUT CROWD. The NFL's TV ratings are at an ALL-TIME high in Europe, specifically in ENGLAND - as the sport continues to gain in popularity. Deep down inside, you crumpet chewing PANSIES love a good old fashioned AMERICAN FOOTBALL game. You just don't know it yet, but you wil soon...so HEED MY WARNING Before you know it, YOU WILL SOON BE SITTING IN FRONT OF YOUR COUCHES, drinking a COORS and cheering when Tom Brady throws deep for another TOUCHDOWN. Your soccer clubs are already under the ownership of AMERICANS - Manutd; Malcolm Glazer, Aston Villa; Randy Lerner, Liverpool; Tom Hicks and George Gillett and it's only a MATTER OF TIME before the Americans OWN every other sport as well. Today it's the NFL, tomorrow it will be the NBA, then the MLB and soon you will be under the talon of the EAGLE. For another demonstration of AMERICAN MIGHT, tune in to the Floyd Mayweather-Ricky Hatton fight, a match in which Pretty Boy will DESTROY your hyped up hero. Yeeeeah baby !!!

Poor mans rugby
...watched by 81,000 people in London's biggest stadium :finger: Rugby is a sport for wusses. I watched some of the rugby world cup, and it was a massive disappointment. All the teams tried to kick penalties and never went for tries. It was boring as hell. Weaker tackling and dull passages of play. American football is a far more dynamic and tactical sport which requires greater physical ability...and that is why 81,000 people sold out Wembley to watch it

Play a game there every week and see how many come! After 5th game stadium would be half full Rugby is a game for men. No wussy pads to protect the steriod junkies like in gridiron
Half full ? So approx 40,500 would turn up ? That isn't too bad considering that most football grounds get the same attendance every week...:haha: Hell, it would still be more than Chelsea's attendances. Re; padding - we tried playing it without pads but there was just one little glitch...people started dying by the dozens. Besides, an Am. Football player would knock the socks off a rugby player anyday day of the week. Ask Martin Johnson, who did a training session with the Dolphins and called it the most gruelling training session he had ever done in his life

Umm..Lurker, are you serious ? Coz i can't seriously think you consider Gridiron to be a more physically challenging sport than Rugby. There may be more strategy to it, but rugby is easily-EASILY- far more bruising than gridiron and i did play both of them for a short-while in my first year university. It is so much easier to end up with a broken leg/dislocated shoulder/busted collar-bone in Rugby than in gridiron. In anycase, either sport is pretty lame in my opinion....of the north american sports, i prefer watching Hockey....only sport that flows well and is a good mix of physical toughness and skill. Not to mention, hockey goalies are probably the fittest sportsmen in North America.

81,000 PACKED WEMBLEY STADIUM IN LONDON TO WATCH THE MIAMI DOLPHINS FACE OFF AGAINST THE NEW YORK GIANTS AS THE NFL PLAYED IT'S FIRST OFFICIAL SEASON GAME IN EUROPE ! 81,000 - A SOLD OUT CROWD. The NFL's TV ratings are at an ALL-TIME high in Europe, specifically in ENGLAND - as the sport continues to gain in popularity. Deep down inside, you crumpet chewing PANSIES love a good old fashioned AMERICAN FOOTBALL game. You just don't know it yet, but you wil soon...so HEED MY WARNING Before you know it, YOU WILL SOON BE SITTING IN FRONT OF YOUR COUCHES, drinking a COORS and cheering when Tom Brady throws deep for another TOUCHDOWN. Your soccer clubs are already under the ownership of AMERICANS - Manutd; Malcolm Glazer, Aston Villa; Randy Lerner, Liverpool; Tom Hicks and George Gillett and it's only a MATTER OF TIME before the Americans OWN every other sport as well. Today it's the NFL, tomorrow it will be the NBA, then the MLB and soon you will be under the talon of the EAGLE. For another demonstration of AMERICAN MIGHT, tune in to the Floyd Mayweather-Ricky Hatton fight, a match in which Pretty Boy will DESTROY your hyped up hero. Yeeeeah baby !!!
Mayweather is already running scared of Ricky 'the hit man' Hatton. And your ***** American sports will never take off in the UK. Baseball is glourified rounders. Can you imagine A.Rod facing a Freddie Flintoff 94 mph bouncer? Nope neither can I.

Half full ? So approx 40,500 would turn up ? That isn't too bad considering that most football grounds get the same attendance every week...:haha: Hell, it would still be more than Chelsea's attendances. Re; padding - we tried playing it without pads but there was just one little glitch...people started dying by the dozens. Besides, an Am. Football player would knock the socks off a rugby player anyday day of the week. Ask Martin Johnson, who did a training session with the Dolphins and called it the most gruelling training session he had ever done in his life
Oh behave yourself. let's put A.Rod facing a Freddie or Brett Lee bouncer. He'd run away. I'll include sresanth in with those two.