Dani Alves paves the way to curb racism - eats banana thrown at him

Sidhoni

He’s one of the top right-backs in World football, he has won plenty of medals and accolades, but Dani Alves earned the respect of the football community like never before, and has set a bit of a revolution. Never before has racism been handled in this way. A slap in the face to the millions of morons worldwide, who despite living in the modern society of 2014, haven’t been able to grasp the concept of difference in race, colour & culture. Againts Villarreal on Sunday, just before he was about to take a corner, one such moron threw a banana at Dani Alves. But rather than complaining, rather that using any conventional method which has thus far failed to prevent this social evil, Dani Alves proceeded to pick the banana up, take a nice big bite out of it, and continue taking the corner. You don’t kick racism out of football. You take a nice big bite out of it! Well done Dani Alves https://t.co/syyowAquTz — OutsideoftheBoot.com (@OOTB_football) April 27, 2014 After the game, which Barcelona won 3-2 coming back from two goals down and helped by two assists from Alves, the Brazilian defender said this: “I’ve been here 11 years and I’ve been suffering this the whole time, so I just face it with humour.We aren’t going to change things easily. If you don’t give it importance, they don’t achieve their objective.I don’t know who threw the banana but I want to thank him. It gave me the energy to put two more crosses in for our goals.†Now, factions of the football community have come together in support of Dani Alves by posting photos of themselves with bananas on popular Social Media networks. A remarkable gesture of support, for a remarkably brave victim of racism. Brazilian legend Roberto Carlos, team-mate Neymar, Tottenham duo Nacer Chadli & Mousssa Dembele, Napoli’s Dries Mertens, Zenit’s Hulk and Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero have all posted photos of themselves in support of Dani Alves, while various others have tweeted out messages backing the gesture. Dani Alves, you have earned our respect. And to the fan who threw the banana, well no wise words are going to change you. You’re a lost cause. Here are the pictures below. Credit to Jenky67 on Vine for orignally posting the above video.

612x710xfootballers-selfie-eating-bananas-2173373.jpg.pagespeed.ic.dWFm7le3Ld.jpg R6b7bU3DMiA 10171749_10152212787881840_4398935277942647926_n.jpg