The Best Mistake in Indian cricket's history...

Ram

Dravid was dropped correctly from LOI, his performance was hardly convincing of a slot. By the way I personally rate the other double centuries - by Suresh Raina and Manoj Tiwary - in current Ranji games as important as Dravid's. Sure we need Dravid to be in good form against Pakistan and Australia but we also need the young brigade to keep the senior on toes. Frankly have had enough of "If not seniors then who..?". I hope to see Manoj Tiwary in the scheme of things soon.

Hardly a mistake. A test place and an ODI place are not the same thing, and while Dravid was unquestionably holding down a place in the test side, his ODI form had been inconsistent of late, with him looking a bit tired as well. The selectors have handled this well (a rare thing). They've left him out of the ODI team, sending him to play in a format where he's more comfortable and can take time to get his form back with a long spell at the crease. It's not urgent that he plays in the next 3/4 ODIs against Pakistan. But it'd be good to see him even playing for Karnataka a little more (also a great advertisement for the domestic game), before coming into the Kotla test well rested and refreshed, with runs under his belt.

Guest HariSampath
Who are they going to drop if they pick Dravid for the remaining ODIs? SRT,Gangs,Yuvi,Dhoni,Robin are not going to be 'rested'/dropped. Gambhir has done well and is backed by Dhoni so he won't be going anywhere. They can't just drop Veeru without playing him in a single game. Rohit Sharma has played only 1 game in the 2 series thus far(Aus and Pak) and it would be unfair to drop him. Given how our selectors work, I think they might drop 'all rounder' Praveen Kumar and bring in Dravid to replace him. But then who would RD replace in the playing XI?
There will be so many who can be persuaded to have last minute "injuries":finger: