Viv Richards vs. Dennis Lillee

Tugga

You need to go to sleep Holy baba. I have mentioned very categorically in my first post(in this topic) that Windies shall beat the living daylights of today;s Aussie team. And if I am not mistaken you came out swinging with a "thats a bs statement" or something of sorts.
Still not answered the direct question. Would the windies outfield australia? If yes, ok, thats great. I dont agree, and you cannot prove me wrong, neither can I prove you wrong. Its hypothetical.
Still not answered the direct question. Would the windies outfield australia? If yes' date=' ok, thats great. I dont agree, and you cannot prove me wrong, neither can I prove you wrong. Its hypothetical.[/quote'] Sure if you think that way. I have no problems with that, just dont pass comments that you simply can not back up. And we did not even get started on bowling here :D
Guest HariSampath

The key to comparing and seeing how players of one era would have fared in another is to project how someone of those exact abilities would have fared , and not project the conditions as well. For instance to see how Bradman would have fared in a Tendulkar era... we must not and cannot assume things from his own era EXCEPT his physical and mental abilities intact and being born now.... This is a post from the other thread and it holds perfectly true. ****************************************************** I want to just give an important perspective to the question... What if he had played in the modern era ? I look at it this way, please follow my thread of thought, and lets discuss his averages later. Don Bradman is born in, say, Sydney, Australia in 1974, same year as Sachin. Assume, ( obviously) that Don Bradman born just as Don Bradman, that is with exactly same physical skills and mental abilities for cricket. What are the things that would possibly happen. It is very clear that in this era of under-15, u-17 etc, he would have been very prominently noticed and would have been scoring enormous scores frm say the age of 12 -13 itself , maybe at school level. Australia with their current system would have simply been extremely quick to realise they are seeing some exceptionally brilliant skills would have sent him to Cricket Australia academy, and Don would have been playing against and along with , say 19/20 year olds from Australia even when he was less than 15. The facts are that the Don would have played against the types of Brett Lee, and Co when they were 20, and got totally used to facing very high quaality Australian attacks on Aussie wickets at a very early age. Chances are his unusually high physical ability which would have been among the top 0.001% of even those 20 year olds would have made him standout and he would have simply blasted everything and everyone out of sight. He would have played for NSW, and Australia A , definitely by the age of 16, and when such a person with his phenomenal natural gifts is growing up as a teenager in the 1980s, the international fame, the stardom, the challenges etc would have instantly driven him to perform even beyond his expected levels.Maybe he would have got a few hundreds and double hundreds in first 2 seasons of Sheffield shield. He would have played with the most modern of today's bats, equipment, been given top physiotherapy treatments top physical trainers from Australia academy, and by the age of 17, he would have gatecrashed into the Australia test/ODI team, perhaps he would have played the 1992 world cup too. ( because if Sachin, with his physical and mental cricket skills made debut in 1989 under the Indian system, why wouldn't the Don have made his debut before 1990 in the Aussie system? ) And then.... playing against the international teams of the 1990s, The Don , as we know him, with his experiences, upbringing , training, etc all his life as a modern young Aussie teenager, what would he have done ? This is the point from where we have to take the question. I think that he would have made mockery of the almost all attacks in all grounds everywhere, at all times, and with all of the above, he might have averaged over 100 too in his tests, and as far as ODIs are concerned, he would have certainly opened, and I can't even imagine the absolute slaughter that would have happened. Any more opinions on this view ? ( both serious and humorous ones like how maybe Agarkar would have fared against him....lol ) :lmao:

Yes' date=' they'd easily score at double that at least[/quote'] Ridiculous assessment. Doesn't take into consideration that pitches were far harder to bat on in Bradman's days. Tough-factor is more or less equal, which is why Bradman apart, batting stats from back then and now are more or less equal ( few 50-60 average fellows, some more 45-50 fellows, few more 40-50 fellows, >40 considered ****, etc etc).
Guest HariSampath
Yes' date=' they'd easily score at double that at least[/quote'] They would have averaged 200 against the grandchildren of Larwwod, Voce , Trueman etc, if the kids bowled at them without fielders ..... and umpires
Ridiculous assessment. Doesn't take into consideration that pitches were far harder to bat on in Bradman's days. Tough-factor is more or less equal, which is why Bradman apart, batting stats from back then and now are more or less equal ( few 50-60 average fellows, some more 45-50 fellows, few more 40-50 fellows, >40 considered ****, etc etc).
You might be biting more than you chew dude. BTW your assessment is more ridiculous. There are too many factors that you're not aware of.
Nah, just want to know your opinion.. If writing yes/no is a waste of your time, then dont bother..
I wont. Simply because I am not in a habit to discuss issues which other person has little or no clue about. No disrespect and all but yes if someone thinks Viv wasnt analyzed or that Clarke is better than Harper etc etc I wouldnt waste my time.
Guest HariSampath
Nah, just want to know your opinion.. If writing yes/no is a waste of your time, then dont bother..
If thw Windies team of the 1980s had all the facilities of the year 2007, like diet, training, physiotherapy, protective gear while sliding and diving etc.... they would have easily outfielded any team of today
You might be biting more than you chew dude.
I never bite what i cannot swallow. Chewed or unchewed. :haha:
BTW your assessment is more ridiculous. There are too many factors that you're not aware of.
You are mistaken. This debate has been done by me in the past- dig up and read. FACT is, Once you take away Bradman, the batting stats of the 30s is remarkably similar to the 90s/2000s. That alone tells us STATISTICALLY what we know already from OBSERVATION- pitches back then were far harder, so lesser bowling quality aspect gets evened out.