Its not cricket - Article by Lurker

King

Re: Its not cricket - Article by Lurker Bheembhai, I never said it had major flaws but it can't always be totally trusted... here is another example where the hawk-eye was proven wrong. http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Hawk-Eye-not-so-sharp/2007/01/17/1168709827415.html SO even if we assume that the device is totally accurate i still won't use it unless it's a blunder by the umpire(that's where the challange system will kick in).I just don't think that even the most accurate machine has the capabilty to understand the complexity of this game. Remember Irfan Pathan's hat-trick during that famous Karachi... his second wicket during the hat-trick was that of Younis Khan ?everyone watching the match knew that YK was plumb and the replays confirmed just that yet when they used the hawk-eye it showed that the ball would have missed the leg stump. So now had we have gone with the hawk-eye's decision i am sure it would have caused massive controversy because it was totally contrary to everyone?s opinion. Even in today?s match I thought M Hafeez was out yet it was given not out by the hawk-eye and though Inzi was not out yet hawk-eye had it quite comfortably hitting the stumps ?so I would like to think that I understand the game well enough that after watching the live action followed by one or two replays I can make my own decision and don?t need the hawk-eye to help me out.

Re: Its not cricket - Article by Lurker

Let them implement some kind of a challenge system. The mechanism will evolve' date=' but the bottom line is technology and replay challenges are a must with the glaring number of umpiring screwups.[/quote'] Yea i agree that a slight change is needed but i don't accept the notion that the umpiring is any worse than it was say 7 or 8 years ago.