Pakistan needs K P S Gill: Swaminomics

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/S_A_Aiyar_Pakistan_needs_KPS_Gill/articleshow/2532272.cms

Militancy could be quelled only by a change in mindset. This change could not be imposed by the Army, or by President's Rule from New Delhi, both of which could be portrayed as Hindu machinations. The change in mindset occurred when militants became so highhanded that they antagonised fellow Sikhs. This paved the way for Gill's crackdown. What started as a Hindu versus Sikh matter ended only when it became a battle between two sets of Jat Sikhs. Something similar is needed to end militancy in Pakistan. Americans or other outsiders cannot quell it. Ordinary Pakistanis, who for long have viewed jehadis as freedom fighters, will have to start viewing them as enemies of the state. The process took a decade in Punjab, and will surely take as long in Pakistan. But once that happens, the time will be ripe for a Pakistan equivalent of KPS Gill to end militancy in Pakistan. That outcome is by no means certain, but is what we must hope for. var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bellyad.innerHTML = b2;

Not sure about what Aiyar saab is speaking really. He starts with how Congress is averse to going harsh on Musharraf, thanks to its own history of putting Emergency on India, and then ends with Militancy. Seems to me he is talking about a whole gamit of points without going deep into anyone in particular. If you ask me the way Pakistan is going to come out of its present mess if the citizens realize their folly. Putting a Gill at top would hardly ensure anything other than violent reprisal. Do bear in mind that Gill succeeded only when local populace, both Sikhs and Hindus, got tired of militancy. And this is what needs to be done. For now the local Pakistani population connects directly with religion first and nation second. Last year Imran Khan gain notoriety in the West when he went ballistic on USA for an alleged incident where Quran was thrown in the toilets. Dozens of Pakistanis were killed in ensueing riots. This year Musharraf dismissed Constitution and put Imran under house arrest, nothing happened. Thats what Pakistanis have got to realize. So long as their priorities are scrwed up the country will continue to be in a mess.

all they wish whole life is to die and get a ticket to heaven. now one sure shot and easy way to get their is to blow self in the name of allah and jihad.. Ok..seriously.. i agree with lurker.. as long as Allah comes between people of pakistan and pakistan...there won;t be a permanent solution... one scenario is when the militants themselves claim to be bigger than allah..then we can expect some sort of public backlash..

Guest dada_rocks
Not sure about what Aiyar saab is speaking really. He starts with how Congress is averse to going harsh on Musharraf, thanks to its own history of putting Emergency on India, and then ends with Militancy. Seems to me he is talking about a whole gamit of points without going deep into anyone in particular. If you ask me the way Pakistan is going to come out of its present mess if the citizens realize their folly. Putting a Gill at top would hardly ensure anything other than violent reprisal. Do bear in mind that Gill succeeded only when local populace, both Sikhs and Hindus, got tired of militancy. And this is what needs to be done. For now the local Pakistani population connects directly with religion first and nation second. Last year Imran Khan gain notoriety in the West when he went ballistic on USA for an alleged incident where Quran was thrown in the toilets. Dozens of Pakistanis were killed in ensueing riots. This year Musharraf dismissed Constitution and put Imran under house arrest, nothing happened. Thats what Pakistanis have got to realize. So long as their priorities are scrwed up the country will continue to be in a mess.
Pakistanis don't do violent repirsal as long as u don't touch some tentes of quran..... Iron hand soln will work just fine I guess.... And yes sikh uprising never had popular support in first place..