Test 11?

He is doing pretty well, hes averaging 40 in his last 10 ODIs ... however he still seems to me to struggle early on against quality spin, as Rehman, Afridi and Malik had him in a bit of trouble for a good part of his innings, but he did comeback so thats a good sign. However, in my opinion there is no need to change a middle order that is working for us at the moment. Ganguly is in good form in Tests and was our best batsman in the past 2 test series, and Laxman averaged 50 in the last series. Tendulkar and Dravid are technically our best batsman in Tests. I think Yuvraj may have to wait a little while longer. He is in the squad, so he will get his chance if the middle order struggle, however first choice Dravid,Tendulkar, Ganguly & Laxman are our best middle order.

My Test 11: 1. Karthik 2. Jaffer 3. Laxman 4. Dravid 5. Tendulkar 6. Yuvraj Singh/Ganguly 7. Dhoni 8. Kumble 9. Zaheer 10. RP Singh 11. Harbhajan I think Yuvraj should be prefered over ganguly. Ganguly might have done well but hes 35 now he should be the batsmen on the verge of being phased out. I think Laxman should be at number 3 or maybe up the order. The best comes out of Laxman when hes up the order. performances should be based on merit and Laxman averaged 51.25 in the last series but Ganguly did well too. But its the same situation with dravid on the odi team same should apply for ganguly lets face it Laxmans future is brighter hes 2 yrs younger than ganguly and is a better test batsmen and also a better slip fielder which one of the most important catching position in tests. also with Australias test series following, Laxmans future should be brighter so thats why i feel like its legitimate for Ganguly to feel most threathened by Yuvraj.