Ganguly Must Go !

RajaRaja

The myth of no. of runs' date=' average, technique have all been busted. Now you need to come up with something diff Boss.:haha:[/quote'] And the endless posts reg Hayden,Lara,Ponting and many other players persisted with despite poor numbers over prolonged periods has obviously gone right over your head. :P

:scooter:fling funny abt cricket fools in india. y t hell thy compare sourav with rahul,uthappa and yuvraj.dnt u remember in wat situation dada came back into the team.bcos uthappa,shewag and gambhir failed in openning.rahul failed as a captain.even yuvraj was also struggled at tat time. :haha:1)fastest 5k,6k,7k,8k,9k,11000 run maker in the world 2)highest number of sixers for india 3)ALL TIME GREAT CAPTAIN OF INDIA 4)FASTEST 1000 RUN MAKER IN WORLD CUP even though u may think previous records r nt consider,let's hv a look at his records and statistics in this year 1)highest no. of runs by an indian in this year 2oo7 2)winning percentage is almost 75.43 whn performed 3)14 fiftes in 27 matches with aggregate of 56.63 4)highest run getter in test series in dz year wit average more than 50 i think is it enough or u nid something more details abt sourav.by comparing this stats with ur favourite cricketers u can judge who z better and who done well in recent. jai hind

But you just refused to put them side by side for that period (and that too in only matches where they both played) When did this occur on the forum Bumps (and not in your mind) ? Remeber according to your logic Kumble > SRT in the Eng Series ... Enuff said. :haha:
I distinctly recall atleast two occassions in which i busted all these myths. One was in the thread in which we talked about the averages. Tendu was at the bottom of the pile interms of averages & sixth or seventh on the no. of runs list. You had another thread in which you quoted stats in the last 25 innings. That too has been responded to. And the qns i raised on why Tendulkar despite having a shoddy avg hasnt been dropped unlike the rest, were greeted with silence & deflecting arguments (which led to Tendu-Dravid comparison, remember ?:haha:) And finally the technique-scheqnique arguments dont hold any water either. I showed you that Tendulkar was the only batsman who does not have a LONE 50 (when every other batsman has struggled to cross 50), which shows he makes his runs only when others do & fails when others fail. Whereas Laxman, Ganguly, Dravid, Sehwag & heck even the Yuseless Yuvraj have all made LONE 50s & 100s in this time.
And the endless posts reg Hayden' date='Lara,Ponting and many other players persisted with despite poor numbers over prolonged periods has obviously gone right over your head. :P[/quote'] Trust me, u dont really wanna sign up for this. Coz, these giants ended their droughts with a torrent of runs. Heck, you guys dont even back our over-the-hill senior to average 40, as witnessed in the other thread by all your deafening silence:haha:
Trust me' date=' u dont really wanna sign up for this. Coz, these giants ended their droughts with a torrent of runs. Heck, you guys dont even back our over-the-hill senior to average 40, as witnessed in the other thread by all your deafening silence:haha:[/quote'] And that is because stats without context is MEANINGLESS. Why you keep harping on this magic figure of 40 is beyond comprehension, especially since we saw how Kumble averaged more than Sachin in the English series. Its like you are trying to take refuge in this average thingy, since you dont have anything else to fall back on.
And that is because stats without context is MEANINGLESS. Why you keep harping on this magic figure of 40 is beyond comprehension, especially since we saw how Kumble averaged more than Sachin in the English series.
If stats are meaningless then why are you using those stats as an alibi (citing Hayden, Lara, Ponting's droughts) ? Kumble averaging more than Sachin is BS logic. That shows that the sampling is poor. If your sample is big enough, you wont see such oddities. Does Kumble average more than all other batsmen in the last 2 years ? Wait a minute but Irfan Pathan does average more than Tendulkar in this time :haha:
Its like you are trying to take refuge in this average thingy, since you dont have anything else to fall back on.
What else do i need to fall back on ? Technique ? Thats my next fav myth that i would like to bust. Show me a lone ranger knock from Tendulkar when other top order bats have failed to make a 50 in his last 25 innings ? Feel free to exclude Bangladesh :hysterical: Extra Credit: Do the same for Laxman, Ganguly, Dravid, Sehwag & Yuvraj
If stats are meaningless then why are you using those stats as an alibi (citing Hayden' date=' Lara, Ponting's droughts) ?[/quote'] And what makes you think Sachin WONT be able to come up with similar numbers like these above mentioned names after their slumps ? After all , that is how you are justifying their selection in the first place.
Kumble averaging more than Sachin is BS logic. That shows that the sampling is poor. If your sample is big enough' date=' you wont see such oddities. Does Kumble average more than all other batsmen in the last 2 years ? Wait a minute but Irfan Pathan does average more than Tendulkar in this time :haha:[/quote'] I know , the sampling size is poor, but we keep saying that again and again because you keep coming up with magic stat of 40 , when it is abundantly clear that Sachin , even though averaging less than 40 in the english test series , played a pivotal role in our win , as acknowledged by every past cricketer worth his salt. Now , how about throwing the "he must ave above 40" logic through the window ?
What else do i need to fall back on ? Technique ? Thats my next fav myth that i would like to bust. Show me a lone ranger knock from Tendulkar when other top order bats have failed to make a 50 in his last 25 innings ? Feel free to exclude Bangladesh :hysterical:
The problem is , if you had made and maintained your calls for him to be dropped PRIOR to the BD tour, it would have made some sense.Yes , his form looked a bit patch then. But to ask for someone who has scored a 82 , 91 , 2 100's in the last 5 test matches he has played and top scored in 4 consecutive one-day series against Aus, S.Africa, Eng and Pak is just prejudice and nothing else.
That was your list ... no surprise that SRT was at the bottom ... else that list wouldnt have seen the daylight to begin with .... :D
Are u saying i made up these numbers ? These are actual numbers from scorecards. Dont blame me, if they are less than what you want them to be. Scoring some runs will help boost the average:haha:
your heroes had scored a grand sum of 30 odd runs more over 25 innings IIRC .... which is when you went back to your favourtie argument on going by averages which is when the Kumble > SRT point came in and silence resumed ....
Feel free to quote those stats again. You will see that only 3 players in the list played without being dropped. They were: 1) Dravid (who averaged more, won test matches, was captain and scored 120 odd runs more than Tendulkar) 2) Dhoni (who was a wicket keeper primarily and then batsman. Despite that he averaged more than Tendulkar) 3) Sachin Only Sachin kept playing inspite of his poor record. Others were dropped.
I dont recall going into the technique-scheqnique argument with you .... but your selective nit picky criteria of "need to score when others dont " were responded too ...
Responded where ? Lets see. Marirs frequently brings up technique as the justification for picking SRT. I'd like to know the popular definition of technique ? Quantify it for me pls. Isnt it fair to expect a technically sound batsman to make a 50, when others find it difficult to score (a 50) ? Afterall isnt it why u back a former great when he is going thru a rough patch ?

Marirs u are driving in circles.

And what makes you think Sachin WONT be able to come up with similar numbers like these above mentioned names after their slumps ? After all , that is how you are justifying their selection in the first place.
What makes me think ? First of all methinks, you yourself dont have any conviction over what you are saying. If so, why wouldnt you even commit to a paltry average of 40. Now that Asif is out, i'd expect him to average atleast 45 for all the times we backed him enduring his poor scores, losing test matches.
I know , the sampling size is poor, but we keep saying that again and again because you keep coming up with magic stat of 40 , when it is abundantly clear that Sachin , even though averaging less than 40 in the english test series , played a pivotal role in our win , as acknowledged by every past cricketer worth his salt. Now , how about throwing the "he must ave above 40" logic through the window ?
Your hesitation to commit to cold hard numbers, directly contradicts your statement (highlighted in bold) above. If you dont feel confident that he will average 40, you are expecting him to pay us back like Lara or Ponting or Hayden did averaging 60 & 70 past their droughts ?
The problem is , if you had made and maintained your calls for him to be dropped PRIOR to the BD tour, it would have made some sense.Yes , his form looked a bit patch then. But to ask for someone who has scored a 82 , 91 , 2 100's in the last 5 test matches he has played and top scored in 4 consecutive one-day series against Aus, S.Africa, Eng and Pak is just prejudice and nothing else.
"Ahh, 3 months ago i'd have agreed" arguments repeat every 3 months. But you guys never agree. Which is why i want it in writing here!
Werent you the biggest proponent of He needs to avg "nn" in the next else he needs to be booted ? Unless you are going to tell me that the sampling will be different and better in the next series ... :D
How are these two mutually exclusive ? Sample size must be big enough for which 'n' must be big enough. n = 25 played over 2 years is a decent enough sample size. Does Kumble top the batting averages in this sample size ?:D