Where now for Sehwag?

Rohan495

Re: Where now for Sehwag? next game, if karthik or raina produces a blinder, it will be a real problem..... KKD has performed admirably in tht 20/20 and superbly in SA, when all our batters were struggling iin tht test... and if he produces one more blinder, he can seal the deal... the problems compound, when Yuiv returns and if he does with a bang in the SL series..... this is gonna be interesting next 5 matches...

Re: Where now for Sehwag? Am so glad Gambhir clicked as an opener. But Sehwag is an automatic for the WCup. If nothing his reputation will count. This tentative drop from the squad, is just to send him a message. Am sure sehwag will be ready for prime time. Yuvraj too will be picked when he's fit. That makes picking a WCup squad really difficult. Here is my WCup squad of 15: 1. Ganguly 2. Gambhir 3. SRT 4. Yuvraj 5. Sehwag 6. Dravid 7. Dhoni 8. Munaf 9. Sreesanth 10. Zaheer 11. Harbhajan 12. Kumble 13. Dinesh Karthik (unless he flops big time in the next few games -- can be used as backup keeper cum middle order bat) 14. Pathan. 15. Agarkar PS: a) Mongia is the unfortunate scape goat. He would be useful in WI conditions but not sure picking him ahead of Pathan is a good idea. b) Raina will likely not get enuff opportunities to impress the selectors before the wcup and would miss out. c) I wouldnt touch Kaif with a 10 foot pole.

Re: Where now for Sehwag? ^Theres no gone forever business in the Indian team. In our culture reputation counts & counts big. Plus we are blessed with mediocre young cricketers, who will fail enuff to create the vacancies needed for Sehwag to come back. Until two months back, Ganguly couldnt buy a run. His selection was due to the mediocrity of our youth brigade, rather than his own merit. But look at the way he has come back. Now he is among the first names to be pencilled in either squads. That pretty much sums up Indian cricket.

Re: Where now for Sehwag? i would take powar instead of pathan.... u dont need too many pacers in windies.... we have ganguly too.... sree, munaf, zak, aggy are more than enuf... powar is a must.... he takes the ball completely off the ball.... he usually bowls at 78-80 kph... and very difficult to score off on those pitches...

Re: Where now for Sehwag? I've been calling for him to bat at 5 for well over a year now. Even though he can be destructive up top; he poses a greater threat as a lower order batsman - the kind who can hit over the fielders, take risks against seamers and spinners bowling restrictive lines. He can be absolutely vital during those troublesome slog overs, and his presence at #5 or lower will lend a lot of balance to a very "top heavy" Indian batting lineup. Veeru isn't done yet - not by a long shot.