What is the point?

audioman

Re: What is the point?

For tense results, the WC 99 semi between SA/Aus was a far better game - some exceptional batting from the likes of Bevan and Klusener, some stunning bowling by Donald and Warne, and a real contest between bat and ball.
Absolutely.
oh yaar when they prepared bowler friendly tracks during CT you criticised them, now its a batsman track again you are ready with a pole.
Ha Ha. Good point. How difficult is it to find middle ground, though? IIRC, there was only that one pitch in the CT that caused huge concerns - Braborne. The blame for that is to be squarely put on the organisers for having scheduled a game in an underprepared stadium.

Re: What is the point? if all pitches were the same(260 winning total), the romance will be killed... there were bowler friendly pitches in malaysia and CT, now some batter friendly in this pepsi cup.... this is one of the better aspects of cricket....

Re: What is the point? I don't mind seeing a high scoring one dayer as the one we just had. Whatever the pitch there was some high class batting involved and the better bowlers prevailed in the past game too. As long as it is just one pitch out of 5 with this kind of high scoring possible I'm happy. I don't want to see similar pitches in the rest of the series though. A bit more competetive pitches aiding the bowlers will be good.

I don't want to see similar pitches in the rest of the series though. A bit more competetive pitches aiding the bowlers will be good.
Looks like your wish has been granted. Superb pitch. The par score would have been 220 here, but while one side was loaded with out-of-form batsmen, the other was filled with terrible players of quality spin bowling. Otherwise, we could have easily had 30 more runs to play with. Real good game anyway.

I don't want to see similar pitches in the rest of the series though. A bit more competetive pitches aiding the bowlers will be good.
Looks like your wish has been granted. Superb pitch. The par score would have been 220 here, but while one side was loaded with out-of-form batsmen, the other was filled with terrible players of quality spin bowling. Otherwise, we could have easily had 30 more runs to play with. Real good game anyway.
Don't reckon that was a great pitch but unlike the previous pitch here the better batters prevailed :hic: Pretty much all the bowlers had a great day. I think this pitch was sub standard too, the ball was not coming, it was spinning heapa and stroke makers had no chance to prevail. Faster bowlers had fair bit in the pitch too given the dual pace and bounce. It was a bit disappointing to see the ball bouncing twice before reaching the keeper as early as in the 2nd over. Now I would like to see a pitch that is going to help the faster bowlers with fair bit of pace and bounce :wtg:

Looks like your wish has been granted. Superb pitch.
I thought you called it a crumbler in another post. :chin:

Now I would like to see a pitch that is going to help the faster bowlers with fair bit of pace and bounce
I doubt such a pitch exists in India. I dunno, I somehow don't think this pitch was bad. The Brabourne track was the ridiculous one, this was quite alright. A 220-230 pitch, which is a pretty good ODI wicket. Karthik, and to an extent Bravo, showed everyone that you could actually play shots on this. Blame the rest of the batsmen from both sides for a sub-par performance. Australia would have scored 220 easy on this.

Re: What is the point? The next game is in Chennai, traditionally the pitch is of true bounce. Good for the batters and some of the high scoring games have been played on this track in ODIs. At the same time faster bowlers have done fairly well on this track given the bounce. I think we are in for yet another high scoring game. I had been to Chennai last year for work and boy it was humid. It was about 98% humidity mostly and temperatures were about 40-45 degrees. I think the upcoming ODI will test the fitness of a lot of players. Good variety of pitches and conditions, I quite like it :wtg: