Stupid umpiring decisions affecting the outcome of the match and entertainment of the audience

chakde

Hey guys, check this out! I agree! Time to go Rudi Koertzen [h3]Robert Craddock[/h3] Tuesday, November 20, 2007 at 12:44pm FROM being one of the best umpires in the world South Africa’s Rudi Koertzen is now one of the worst. He has stayed too long and, as a consequence, has become an embarrassment to the game. Rudi, who has hearing problems, is not a bad man but he has a large ego and simply cannot accept his time has come. His decision to given out Kumar Sangakkara caught off the shoulder yesterday was the howler of the summer. Sangakkara was understandably shattered. He had batted brilliantly for 192 and richly deserved a double century. Even Richie Benaud, normally the voice of reason and forgiveness, was irate about it. Yesterday Koertzen was caught by Channel Nine’s cameras changing his mind in several key decisions by moving his hand from behind his back and back again. He has lost confidence. It is time to go. I stand by what I wrote on Friday ... the standard of international umpiring is unforgivably poor. The innings proved conclusively that Sangakkara is the most underrated player in the world. When he is not shackled by keeping duties he averages better than 90. http://blogs.news.com.au/couriermail/robertcraddock/index.php/couriermail/comments/time_to_go_rudi_koertzen/

Another entry by robert ... i agree with this too! :P Test cricket umpires are ordinary [h3]Robert Craddock[/h3] Friday, November 16, 2007 at 10:57am "The world doesn’t always move forward. There are two parts of cricket that have stagnated - wicketkeeping and umpiring. This thought came to mind in the first overs of the second Test this morning as I watched Pakistan’s Aleem Dar give Matthew Hayden not out when he should have been given lbw to Lasith Malinga. You may say it was not a regulation decision because the ball hit the bat after hitting the pad and they were close together. But the bat was behind the pad. It had to hit pad first. A decent umpire such as Simon Taufel would have got it right. Modern umpires are in a worrying comfort zone. Because there are so few of them on the main panel they barely ever get dropped. And because captains are not allowed to citicise them they don’t get publicly bagged by the people they judge. People bang on about what a tough life it is. I disagree. They are protected species and, as a consequence, are not improving. That’s why you can have a situation where you can have four umpires not even bother to check the rain rule in the World Cup final. And umpires such as Dar and Steve Bucknor miss the first Test at the Gabba because they failed to get the right visas. Not good enough. Your thoughts? " http://blogs.news.com.au/couriermail/robertcraddock/index.php/couriermail/comments/test_cricket_umpires_are_ordinary/