Laxman should bat at No. 3: Stuart Law

Rohan495

HYDERABAD: Former Australian batsman Stuart Law has a word of advice for the Indian think-tank. “This is the right time for V.V.S. Laxman to bat at No.3 and India should start using Sourav Ganguly at No.6 in Test matches to obtain better results. In my view, after Sachin, Laxman is developing into the best batsman from the sub-continent,†he said on the sidelines of the Indian Cricket League camp now in progress at Lahari Resorts here on Thursday. “Since Ganguly is capable of big hits like Adam Gilchrist, and has to do quite a bit of bowling too, he should be more suited for the No.6 slot. This will also give Laxman more opportunities to come up with big scores,†said Law. Inzamam-ul-Haq who will be leading Hyderabad Heroes in the ICL, said that the Twenty20 format is suited to him because of his age. “I am keenly looking forward to the event to begin on Nov. 30. Once that happens, you will see the huge difference,†he said. — Principal Correspondent

lol no man Yuvraj should go back to Ranji Trophy and score some runs lets see how much he can score' date=' let him prove himself in unlimited cricket. He can whine all he wants, but in the end Laxman will be a better choice for the next 2 years.[/quote'] Sure, if thats wht it will take. Then be it...But laxman better keep scoring or he will be a goner in david llyods words....Yuvraj is breathing down his neck....Its all healthy competition man...I am all for it.

honestly Sehwag a man that averges 49 in test cricket isnt even saying a word about his non inclusion who the hell is Yuvraj to constantly complain. There are talented players in the country who dont utter a word about not even being mentioned Mohammad Kaif was on his peak in test cricket he averaged i believe 47 in the test series and since then has been in the woods, My point is Yuvraj is a force in limited overs but There are other players in the country such as Kaif, Badrinath who i feel could excel far more than Yuvraj in tests

Laxman doesnt have to prove jack ****, He has been a proven performer has scored important runs when Indias needed them. It shouldnt be like that one time when he was dropped for a whole series in India vs England and him being a passenger like he was in Bangladesh. I didnt quite understand that ****.

honestly Sehwag a man that averges 49 in test cricket isnt even saying a word about his non inclusion who the hell is Yuvraj to constantly complain. There are talented players in the country who dont utter a word about not even being mentioned Mohammad Kaif was on his peak in test cricket he averaged i believe 47 in the test series and since then has been in the woods' date=' My point is Yuvraj is a force in limited overs but There are other players in the country such as Kaif, Badrinath who i feel could excel far more than Yuvraj in tests[/quote'] lolll..hahaha kaif man? that guy shouldn't come close to our international team again. Who is Yuvraj?..He is our mvp in other 2 formats of the game. Sehwag is not sayign anythign because he doesnt have his form to back himself up.Kaif averages 35 in test cricket not 47...and if thats the case yuvraj has averaged close to 60 in 2 test series...so there take it man and abt badrinath...there has been many players who have performed domestically but faile don intn'l scene ...doesnt mean badrinath will..but whts to suggest the guy(uv) that has murdered the best of bowling attacks in odis wont succeed in domestic cricket.
Laxman doesnt have to prove jack ****' date=' He has been a proven performer has scored important runs when Indias needed them. It shouldnt be like that one time when he was dropped for a whole series in India vs England and him being a passenger like he was in Bangladesh. I didnt quite understand that ****.[/quote'] Dude, He doesnt't own the Indian team. Sure enough, he has given some good performances. But he can't rest on his laurels and be on the team cuz of his past performances.. He gotta keep performing or be a goner....I think its fair and simple and this is how selection works. I dont mean like fail in a innings and be kicked out but there should be some sort of yardstick by which performance is measured.
tell me one thing' date=' what shots have you seen Yuvraj play against spinners?[/quote'] rohan we dont need to argue with loosers, the entire world knows how yuvi sucks against quality bowling and WE NEED LAXMAN for australian series. Only person after tendu to have wood over aussies

why should it be only Laxman to be measured on the yardstick. so you mean everyone else can fail and it will be ok. Everyone must perform it doesnt matter whether its Tendulkar Dravid or Laxman. Why should it be Laxman? Hes in fact a good 2 years younger than all of them

tell me one thing' date=' what shots have you seen Yuvraj play against spinners?[/quote'] dude you must be kiddin me if you believe yuvraj cant play spin....watch odi series against pak where he scored against rehman, afridi and malik heavily..... he can sweep, cover drive , straight down blah blah.....He is the best against pace but quite good against spinners now. atleast his pose doesnt suggest that he got the ball of the century when he gets bowled..lol
why should it be only Laxman to be measured on the yardstick. so you mean everyone else can fail and it will be ok. Everyone must perform it doesnt matter whether its Tendulkar Dravid or Laxman. Why should it be Laxman? Hes in fact a good 2 years younger than all of them
Its not only laxman. Its him and Ganguly for the middle order slot against yuvraj.