Badrinath should be next in line

bharat297

Would Badri handle Shoaib Akhtar's pace better than Yuvraj ? Look no further than Dinesh Karthik (who murdered our domestic trundlers) for an answer.
First of all ... it wasnt Shoaib's pace that did Karthik in because he was just fishing outside the line of off-stump both innings. Also how the hell do you know if Badrinath could handle Shoaib's pace ... he handled Tait and Johnson on Australian soil. Secondly, look only at the 4-day format because if your going by ODI and T20 form then its pretty useless because then someone like Nathan Bracken should be first picked for the aussie test team but the aussie selectors look at who is the better test player. Similarly if you look at the 4-day format, Yuvraj has not played a long-innings in the longer format of any significance for over 4 years. I dont care if he scored a lone 50 in a one day game, or smashed 36 runs in an over. That doesnt necessarily mean he will be a good test player. What Yuvraj needs to do is to show he can play long innings ... he can do that in domestic cricket. Now if these domestic bowlers are so useless that even using a comparison of domestic averages is so pointless explain to me why Yuvraj has a far worse domestic record than Badrinath? I have nothing against Yuvraj in particular (if you look back at my previous posts, made a few months ago, I actually said he would be the next in line) ... however I lost a lot of respect for him as a potential test player after he missed out on the chance to go back to domestic cricket and churn out some massive scores. He is just sitting in the dressing room and expecting his achievements in ODIs and Hit'n'Giggle to be enough. Badrinath on the other hand (in 4-day) has surpassed every challenge so far from domestic cricket to India A series. In the 4-day format ... what more does Badrinath have to do ? Maybe if Badrinath went and played T20 and hit 40 off 10 balls he would be considered a Test player. :hysterical:

^ I am talking about Tests. I mean the guy is only a new comer because he hasnt been given a chance ... and his strike rate in the mid 70s in ODIs could draw harsh criticism so he is unlikely to be an ODI player. He has done everything he needs to in the 4-day format to prove himself so I feel he should be a given a chance in the Test middle order.

Then why are you rubbishing people's claims about Badrinath beyond statistics without having watched someone better?
I have watched Parthiv and Rohit Sharma. Tiwary's stats are also much better than Chywanprash's and he has scored against international class bowlers in the past - ie; in the Irani trophy this season.

^ Nothing against Tiwary but as good as Tiwary (and I think in a few years the Indian team will revolve around this guy)... right now he has only been around for 2 or 3 seasons ... its hard to know whether he can maintain that form. If someone has been around for 7 season and still has an average of 57, its pretty clear the guy can maintain his form. Furthermore, you keep saying Badrinath hasnt scored against International bowlers but the fact is ... given that he has played for 7 years he has probably faced just about every domestic bowler in India, he has also done well on India A tours and scored runs against current or former international bowlers like ... Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Tait, Ben Hilfenhaus, Michael Kasprowicz, Charl Langdvelt, Johann Botha, Mark Gillespie, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin, Shane Watson, etc. Also, Badrinath has done well both in India and on foreign soil (something Tiwary hasnt been tested on). What more does he have to do to prove himself?

^ Nothing against Tiwary but as good as Tiwary (and I think in a few years the Indian team will revolve around this guy)... right now he has only been around for 2 or 3 seasons ... its hard to know whether he can maintain that form. If someone has been around for 7 season and still has an average of 57, its pretty clear the guy can maintain his form. Furthermore, you keep saying Badrinath hasnt scored against International bowlers but the fact is ... given that he has played for 7 years he has probably faced just about every domestic bowler in India, he has also done well on India A tours and scored runs against current or former international bowlers like ... Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Tait, Ben Hilfenhaus, Michael Kasprowicz, Charl Langdvelt, Johann Botha, Mark Gillespie, Jeetan Patel, Chris Martin, Shane Watson, etc. Also, Badrinath has done well both in India and on foreign soil. What more does he have to do to prove himself?
I have addressed all your points in previous posts and already made quite clear what he needs to do to get in. Solid 50s here and there won't get him anywhere...but feel free to think otherwise. BTW, just out of curiousity, do you happen to be his wife by any chance ?
I have addressed all your points in previous posts and already made quite clear what he needs to do to get in. Solid 50s here and there won't get him anywhere...but feel free to think otherwise.
How the hell does that counter my point .. he hasnt been making solid 50s only ... he has made some big hundreds and double-centuries too? In fact, the thing about solid 50s not getting you anywhere is actually a counter to Yuvraj if anything because we know Yuvraj can make 50s but not sure if he can make massive centuries.
BTW, just out of curiousity, do you happen to be his wife by any chance ?
:hysterical: Thats pretty funny ... yeah I guess I would have to be his wife to even consider saying that somebody other than FIGJAM should be next in line.
:hysterical: Thats pretty funny ... yeah I guess I would have to be his wife to even consider saying that somebody other than FIGJAM should be next in line.
Yeah, hilarious. You know what's even funnier ? Not once have i mentioned anything about Yuvraj Singh in any of my posts in this thread - YOU are the one who has been w anking relentlessly over him by bringing him up in every other post you make. Me thinks you are a little obsessed with him, eh Mrs. Bharati Badrinath Chywanprash ?
Given the way you keep negating anything positive said about him... I'm curious' date=' do you happen to be his jilted ex by any chance?[/quote'] Well, well, what do we have here ? It seems like my comments struck a chord with another one of Badri's mistresses. What a lucky guy he must be. I am not negating anything; i have acknowledged his achievements but i just don't consider them to be enough. There is a difference. But i wouldn't expect a broken record like you to understand that. Now head on over to baggygreen.com - i think they uploaded a few more pics of that new Aussie opener you were w@nking off to earlier.

Yawn. Out of things to defend an argument with, so bringing up mistresses and Australian players while clutching at straws? (btw - find some new ones to clutch at, they're starting to sound a bit tired. Amusing, coming from someone who keeps going on about broken records) You close-minded saddo. Grow up and learn something about this game sometime. PS: You forgot your [/iwannabebossbhai] tags.

Yawn. Out of things to defend an argument with, so bringing up mistresses and Australian players while clutching at straws? (btw - find some new ones to clutch at, they're starting to sound a bit tired. Amusing, coming from someone who keeps going on about broken records) You close-minded saddo. Grow up and learn something about this game sometime. PS: You forgot your [/iwannabebossbhai] tags.
What argument ? You never put forth an argument in the first place. Your first post in this thread was nothing more than a pitiful jibe which contributed nothing to the discussion. I won't respond to the personal attack - you obviously can't handle a different point of view. The fact that you resorted to insulting me by calling me a "close-minded saddo" tells me all i need to know about you and your own "knowledge" of the game. And i'll take your association of me with Bossbhai as a compliment. He is a guy who has done a lot to help this site reach the point where it is today - he has certainly done a lot more for it than some "johnny-come-lately" like you ever will.