Is urban India becoming more modern or Western?

maggot_brain

Guest dada_rocks

Abe ak din kita se thode na kuchh hota hai.. Kite flying all round year ki baat ho rahi hai.. Mujhe to vasant-panchami se pili sari clad balikayen yaad aati hain:cantstop:

Mujhe to vasant-panchami se pili sari clad balikayen yaad aati hain
Aur mujhe ber, yeh green waala. kul1.jpg Hamare side mein you are not supposed to eat them before Basant Panchmi. Phir Saraswati Puja ke din se dabba ke khaane ka. Bahut wait karte tha. This was one "fast" I always did because how in the world can you antagonize Maata Saraswati? Number kharaab aayenge and all. Saraswati Puja was also the time for bumper maal-baaji. This was the days when girls could go out without bothering to be back home in quick time. Actually come to think of it some of my most kameena moments have been in temples and pandaals. $aala rarely, if ever, would I visit these places and have only God in my mind. :sad_smile:

Guest dada_rocks

Actually Basant Panchami officially is our hindu culture valentine's day since millennium.. In our culture swayamwar ka tradition tha ye hard and fast parent enforced marriage to distortion hai from exalted standard we establsihed in past.. Yes nothign beats sadi green or yellow.. btw I can't see that picture.. kuchh locha hai

Depends on how you define religion. Superstitions and all is understandable but religion itself is meant to make life easier not difficult. Its all individual thing Maggot. We have lots of problem with religion/culture. But few things are like indespensable. As for respectiving women, it comes from what you see in your own family. You will treat women exactly the way your dad treats your mom and your mom treats your sister. You cant learn to respect women out side. You have to learn in at home.