Best cricket ground in the world

SachDan

The ones I particularly like are : * Lords * MCG * SCG * Cape Town * Wanderers * Wankhede * Old Trafford
Very good choice but the plethora of recent concerts have made the outfield an absolute joke. Not that my Manc bias is creeping in here. BTW did you know that the ECB have (disgracefully) taken OT off the list of grounds for the next ashes series.:finger:
Eden Gardens without a shadow of doubt. It's is THE arena in world sport. As an Indian cricketer, can you imagine the rush you get when your every success is celebrated by 100,000 of your absolutely cricket mad countrymen? What an atmosphere. And the ground itself is such a sight! Lush green thick grass all around that has such a soothing effect on the eyes. The almighty chose a very fitting venue for the greatest fightback in sport and the greatest test cricket has ever seen.
..and to think THOSEEE fools booed OUR team :sad_smile:

- Wankhede (Cuz i have witnessed 5 games in this stadium and i've encountered/been part of the Mumbai Madness on the ground. I can assure you guys that when Sachin is on the field NO ONE CAN BEAT THE CHANTS/HYPE like we mumbaikars can do :) ... 40k crowd of Wankhede can beat 100k Kolkatians during that particular instance ;) ) - MCG, SCG - Lords - Eden Gardens (of courseeeee)

Thats stupid ... it just needs a bit of refurbishing
I don't actually think it was anything to do with that. More the bias towards the southern counties. I mean ffs 10,000 people were locked out on the final morning of the last OT ashes test. Trent Bridge also misses out whereby Sophia Gardens (Glamorgan Wales) will host an ashes test match for the first time.:confused_smile:

OMG........... u guys totally forgot M.A chidambaram (CHEPAUK) what stands out at Chepauk is the atmosphere and the crowd, reputed to be the most knowledgeable and appreciative in the country. This was proved when those present gave a standing ovation to Saeed Anwar after his record breaking 194 against India in the Independence Cup match in 1997 and again when Pakistan won the Test match in 1999. A truly overwhelmed Pakistani team even made a lap of honour in appreciation of the spectators' sporting behaviour. source: cricinfo YES u r rite i am from chennai :D