World Cup Telecast/Broadcast Thread

My research/experiment so far. My physical location: -US Ideally would like to: - Watch HD games on TV using - StarSports Web / Mobile or Tablet app (airplay/chromecast). What I need: - StarSports Subscription - VPN Service - Internet: 8mb (Recommended) 4mb (good, still HD but a little compromised bitrate when your internet is shared between your family members and VPN never matches your ISP speed) - HDMI Cable (If want to connect your laptop / computer to TV) - Apple TV, if want to stream using iPhone / iPad / MacBook (TESTED ) - Chromecast ( not tested but I heard form friends that you can mirror any android content to your TV?) Costs: - StarSports Subscription: $19.36 - VPN Services: FREE / $5 / $12 VPN Suggestions: ibVPN (Has two VPN Servers in INDIA) ExpressVPN (Has one VPN Servers in INDIA) VyprVpn Why do I need VPN Server in India? (SKIP if you do not want to use iPhone or iPad to watch streaming) Despite Starsports.com mentioned streaming WC2015 being available in these other countries, I was only able to successfully watch stream on iphone/ipad using choosing India as VPN country. And the problem is, the speed of Indian servers is about 0.5 mbps, which gives you an OK quality on your phone and iPad. HOWEVER you can use any other country (iceland/portugal/etc) to watch Crystal Clear HD on your web using your favorite browser. The mobile app somehow checks for IP that belongs to India where on starsports.com on web will work with all the mentioned countries. Other than India, all of above mentioned VPN providers were giving me excellent speeds. You can choose the best country that works for you. How to: - VPN: Just use either my recommended VPN provider or google any other VPN, ideally go for trial ones first. Once registered, download and install your VPN and connected to any VPN server. - StarSports Subscription: Activate VPN for any country (Ideally an India VPN server [just for signup]) and go to the subscription page. You should see the ICC WORLDCUP 2015 package for RS:1500 or anything equivalent to $19. If you see "No subscriptions available" means the country under VPN you choose is not supported. I can assure that quality of stream was maximum Starsports had to provide, no lags, 25-30 fps. I didn't intend to confuse anyone, and I am not a network person so I may have used wrong terminology but all the above is based purely on my experience. If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer.
Great post Just one qs. Isnt Starsports sub under $5

For me it is showing Rs.120/= not Rs.1500/=?! Am I on the right page? I am on this page: https://account.starsports.com/star-package And I see this; is this the offer you are referring to above? Thanks for your clarification. ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Web Only Pass Catch all the LIVE ACTION as the World Cup moves down under for the biggest tournament of the year. It doesn't get bigger than this. Live Events 53 ODIs Access Web & WAP Valid till 29 Mar 2015

For me it is showing Rs.120/= not Rs.1500/=?! Am I on the right page? I am on this page: https://account.starsports.com/star-package And I see this; is this the offer you are referring to above? Thanks for your clarification. ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 Web Only Pass Catch all the LIVE ACTION as the World Cup moves down under for the biggest tournament of the year. It doesn't get bigger than this. Live Events 53 ODIs Access Web & WAP Valid till 29 Mar 2015
If you guys are getting these rates than i would just say that i was impatient enough not to use/check indian VPN because the very first vpn service i used was vyprvpn, that didnt have India servers. When i was subscribing i guess i used either iceland or portugal. But currency unit was indian rupee. However above mentioned plan info is absolutely correct. Yes, my US credit card and address worked without any problem.
If you guys are getting these rates than i would just say that i was impatient enough not to use/check indian VPN because the very first vpn service i used was vyprvpn, that didnt have India servers. When i was subscribing i guess i used either iceland or portugal. But currency unit was indian rupee. However above mentioned plan info is absolutely correct. Yes, my US credit card and address worked without any problem.
Yes it is RS- 120 for India (checked it by setting hola for India) and Rs- 1200 for other countries (where star has the rights to show it). 1200 is still not bad considering espn is charging 5 times more. But I wonder if you buy the Indian package (Rs 120) instead of the overseas package (Rs 1200) now whether you would be able to use your account later using an overseas IP. I don't trust the Indian VPN servers.
Yes it is RS- 120 for India (checked it by setting hola for India) and Rs- 1200 for other countries (where star has the rights to show it). 1200 is still not bad considering espn is charging 5 times more. But I wonder if you buy the Indian package (Rs 120) instead of the overseas package (Rs 1200) now whether you would be able to use your account later using an overseas IP. I don't trust the Indian VPN servers.
Spent three days havent found single decent indian vpn server. Although overseas starsports works fine on indian vpn. I want to say that even indian starsports account should work on overseas vpn ips (allowed countries by starsports)
Spent three days havent found single decent indian vpn server. Although overseas starsports works fine on indian vpn. I want to say that even indian starsports account should work on overseas vpn ips (allowed countries by starsports)
Yeah and it is just $2 anyway so there is no harm in trying. If it does not work then I would look for other options. I guess they will show the Pakistan vs England match tonight. So let me see if I can get it set up by then.

So I successfully set up the Star Sports subscription, US credit card was no problem. But, the stream pauses every now and then, for no apparent reason, and the picture quality is not great. The screen text is blurry. The "preview" of the England-Pakistan warm-up match is going on. We have 2 English commentators who I don't know, and Ian Bishop. I can hear Michael Atherton and Wasim Akram now.

So I successfully set up the Star Sports subscription, US credit card was no problem. But, the stream pauses every now and then, for no apparent reason, and the picture quality is not great. The screen text is blurry. The "preview" of the England-Pakistan warm-up match is going on. We have 2 English commentators who I don't know, and Ian Bishop. I can hear Michael Atherton and Wasim Akram now.
That is what one might expect with a $2 subscription.

Why isn't ESPN selling individual matches? :angry_smile: I don't want the entire package for $99, but just one or two matches. I won't mind paying 10-12 bucks to watch India-Pak. Here, in Dallas, there is a movie theater that is going to play the entire match. But I don't want to watch a 9 hour game in a theater in the middle of the night.

It's a problem with your VPN. I was able to subscribe the $2 package using an India server and then I bought a VPN. It is about $13 but it has 30 days money back offer. I am using an European server and it is working well so far. There is some drop in quality from time to time but overall I am getting good pictures. t9i7tc.jpg2cyk08p.jpg

Dish offers cricket world cup for 99 cents (only for New customers) Promotion code- cricket99 http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/international/cricket/ Requires 24 month commitment. you need to have international programming package. if you are a loyal customer for long time (Not in contract) you can call them and ask for options.Initially they will tell that this deal is for only new customers. But later they will offer you $50 credit. Many of my friends got the credit.