Three tests three captains: Younis refuses to lead Pakistan at Bangalore.

I think there is none in the Pakistan team that deserves and has the ability to captain the team more than Younis Khan. With him around you always know Pakistan doesn't go down easily. Clearly Younis is the Rahul Dravid of Pakistan. Younis seems to operate like Rahul Dravid even with regards to captaincy too. Rather than end up fighting a losing battle with retards in the cricket board he opts not to captain. Pity PCB just doesn't seem to work with him. Younis as full time captain and Misbah as stand in would be a great choice IMO. Unfortunate for Pakistan' date=' Malik will continue to captain the team once he is fit.[/quote'] Yeah it is some what disappointing to see Younis run away from the job and some would say that it is border line selfish. I am quite sure that he would have been able to do the job had it not been for the personal tragedies (lost 3 of his family members with in 18 months) so as of now it just seems that he wants to just enjoy his cricket and spend time with his family rather than doing anything "big".
I think there is none in the Pakistan team that deserves and has the ability to captain the team more than Younis Khan. With him around you always know Pakistan doesn't go down easily. Clearly Younis is the Rahul Dravid of Pakistan. Younis seems to operate like Rahul Dravid even with regards to captaincy too. Rather than end up fighting a losing battle with retards in the cricket board he opts not to captain. Pity PCB just doesn't seem to work with him. Younis as full time captain and Misbah as stand in would be a great choice IMO. Unfortunate for Pakistan' date=' Malik will continue to captain the team once he is fit.[/quote'] ravi, problem with this younis khan is, he is a big FTB and mainly scores only against india or only scores in Sub continent. Being a big player is different cuz imran was that and achieved it by fisting pcb to change their stance. But can you say the samething about younis?

‘Didn’t dream that one day I’d be leading India in Bangalore’ ‘Didn’t dream that one day I’d be leading India in Bangalore’ - It’s going to be a pretty emotional moment when I go for the toss, says Test captain Anil Kumble

Bangalore: Irrespective of the third and final Test’s result, it will remain special for Team India captain Anil Kumble. The Chinnaswamy Stadium, after all, is where he honed his skills to emerge Test cricket’s third most successful bowler. On Friday, Kumble had his first formal media interaction as captain on home turf. Briefly, he also spoke to The Telegraph. The following are excerpts: On captaining on home ground It’s very special... I’ve spent my life playing here and it’s going to be a pretty emotional moment when I go for the toss... On whether he remembers the first time he visited the Stadium (Grins) Can’t remember when, but I think it was for a Ranji match, probably Karnataka versus Tamil Nadu... The capacity wasn’t so much then, but I think it was a full house that day. On his first match at the Stadium Not sure... Perhaps at the club level... I didn’t even dream that, one day, I would be leading India in Bangalore... On the job that awaits Team India Well, the onus is on us... We’ve got to make sure that we win the series. On the challenge he expects from Pakistan They’ll definitely come hard at us and we’re ready... We’ve got to ensure we play to potential and focus on our strengths... If we do, I don’t see why we won’t get the result we want. On Pakistan having won the last time (2005) here This is going to be a new Test. [Pakistan, in fact, have won the last two Tests they’ve played in Bangalore — the other being in 1987, Sunil Gavaskar’s last.] On whether back-to-back Tests make it difficult for a high degree of intensity to be maintained These days, that’s the demand of international cricket... Unfortunately, there’s little rest between matches and, so, you’ve got to make the most of the few days that you get off... It’s important to switch off, relax and return rejuvenated... On the catching not being up to the mark We’ve got to take the half-chances too and that has been conveyed. On the new-ball bowlers in the squad lacking experience Yes, it’s a relatively inexperienced attack, but I look at things positively... It’s a great opportunity for the youngsters and they’ve got to do well to seal a place... (Irfan) Pathan has done well in Test cricket and (Vikram Rajvir) Singh has played at the highest level... Ishant Sharma as well. On Gautam Gambhir having been called as a cover for Sachin Tendulkar That’s just in case somebody is unfit on the morning of the Test... We needed a backup. On Yuvraj Singh Initially, the idea was to rest (Mahendra Singh) Dhoni and play Yuvraj... He deserves a chance, but we’ve got to wait and see things (after the Sachin development). On the wicket Didn’t see it today (Friday), saw it briefly yesterday... On the inclement weather It’s not in my control. Finally, on the captaincy drama in the Pakistan camp (Laughs) What’s clear is that I’ll be going for the toss!

Younis Khan’s confession - ‘Main kaptani se bhagta rehta hoon’ Younis Khan’s confession - ‘Main kaptani se bhagta rehta hoon’ OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT Captaincy has been a problem since Inzamam-ul Haq’s departure

Bangalore: Younis Khan has acknowledged that he’s a reluctant captain. “Main kaptani se bhagta rehta hoon... Kaptani se meri batting par asar padta hai aur India, Pakistan mein kaptan ki life barbaad ho jati hai,” Younis told a media conference on Friday. He couldn’t have been more candid. Younis added: “Kaptani majbooran karni padti hai ... There’s always much more pressure when it’s an Indo-Pak series...” Pakistan’s stand-in captain declared he would like to have a say in the composition of the playing XI here. He hadn’t been consulted on the eve of the second Test, at the Eden Gardens, when too regular captain Shoaib Malik wasn’t available for selection. As reported in Friday’s Late City edition, Younis had initially declined to captain in Bangalore as selection matters were being handled exclusively by Malik and manager Talat Ali. According to The Telegraph’s sources, Younis relented after Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Dr Nasim Ashraf had a telephonic chat with him. There had been drama on the eve of the last Champions Trophy as well. Younis, who’d often been stand-in captain during the Inzamam-ul Haq era, had turned down the top job after the World Cup earlier this year.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1071208/asp/sports/story_8644179.asp