Who's hiding? Kapil or Subhash Chandra....

SachDan

I just have one basic question about Indian movies. All of us have different emotions at different times, but which idiot, even in his wildest dreams, will summon a support dance cast, a lavish set, clothes that change every 1 minute, when he proposed to a girl and she accepted. Its just ridiculous. Why dont they make movies that reflect the reality, rather than fabricate stuff that never happens ? Or worse, which villein in real life will allow the hero to stand a like he doesnt care in the midst of 20 goons, deliver all his mundane dialogs, and then run way like an olympic sprinter. Why cant they just shoot him when he opens his mouth ? Such stupid masala movies rile up so much that i have totally stopped watching most of Indian mainstream cinema. I think its an assault on my intelligence.
This is my basic problem with Indian mainstream cinema. I got shouted down when I tried to point it out though. There are starting to be some better Bollywood films though. I've watched part of 'No Smoking' and it seems pretty good. I'll give a final verdict when I've finished watching it. I think Bollywood needs to get away from the four hit songs a movie mentality as well. The problem with songs is that I feel they make films disjointed and destroy the pace of the narrative.