OK - this is service!!

Mr. Wicket

In my Mumbai mid-term review, I was calling for the Mumbai bowlers to step things up a bit, with nobody other than Salvi averaging below 33 with the ball. And straight away... a nice polished performance to roll Rajasthan for 179, with Powar getting a four-for. More than that though, I'd stressed: "After his run scoring exploits for India Under 19 and a century on debut against Karachi, much was expected of Ajinkya Rahane. Rahane though struggled in his first few games and is currently averaging 25.66 in the Ranjis so far, with only one half century in his most recent game. The much talked up Rohit Sharma has done little as well with 41 runs in the 3 innings he's had since leaving the India ODI squad. With the batting not fully firing right now, it's high time these two step up their game" Just a day or two after... Rahane slams a 90 and 39.... Rohit chips in with 62 and a brisk 34 when quick runs were needed in the second dig. Nice. That's prompt service. :D Now to whinge that they need more three figure scores in my next Ranji report.