Top ten bowlers in history

Re: Top ten bowlers in history

Kapil makes top 10 bowlers with ease. Just imagine the amount of wickets he would have got if his home tracks were in oz or england :eek:
I beleive he would not have made much difference in Australia but surely England. As a bowler his style was better suited to English condition, even West Indies condition but not Down Under. Although he did have a few very good tests, specially when he won India the test match in 1981 Melbourne. It is pertinent to note that he never had any good support. All of the folks mentioned in SS's opening list had some kind of good support. 1. Malcolm Marshall (Holding, Garner, Walsh, Ambrose) 2. Sydney Barnes ??? 3. Glenn McGrath (Fleming, Lee, Warne, Mcgill, Reiffell) 4. Curtly Ambrose (Walsh, Paterson,Marshall, Bishop,Gray) 5. Dennis Lillee (Thommo, Walker, Gilmour, Pascoe, Lawson, Hogg, Alderman) 6. Fred Trueman (Brian Statham, Bedser and John Snow at the end) 7. Richard Hadlee (Chatfield, Morrison, Cullinge) 8. Imran Khan (Sarfaraz, Wasim, Waqar, Qadir) 9. Alan Donald (Pollock,DeVeliers) 10. Wasim Akram (Imran, Waqar, Shoaib, Mushtaq, Saqlain) Kapil did not have anyone else apart from K Ghavri. xxx

I beleive he would not have made much difference in Australia but surely England. As a bowler his style was better suited to English condition, even West Indies condition but not Down Under. Although he did have a few very good tests, specially when he won India the test match in 1981 Melbourne.
IMO , that's not true . Kapil dev has excellent record in Australia . Even at the fag of his career he picked up 16 wickets at average of 25.93 in 1992. in Australia 11 522.5 1254 51 8/106 8/109 24.58 2.39 61.5 5 0

Mr. SS again u trying to say that you are INDIAN man, this is making me sleepless, a pakistani can NOT be indian. NO WAY. A indian wouldnt say, sachin is NOT the best player from asia, and ALSO they wouldnt say Kapil dev is NOT in Top 25 all time players, AWEFUL!
this is just beyond silly.... Ravi Shastari has always called Wasim Akram the cricketer of the 90s decade(ahead of Warne and Sachin)so does that make him a Pakistani? :shrug:

Re: Top ten bowlers in history I am ashamed, deeply ashamed to read some of the bigoted & senseless posts directed towards SS just because he considers Imran a greater cricket player than SRT. You guys call yourselves educated? Well, guess what, here's another "Pakistani" for you guys to sling mud at, because I consider Imran the greatest cricketer from Asia ever to have graced the 22 yards in the middle, narrowly ahead of Sunil Gavaskar, followed by Kapil in 3rd place, Sachin in 4th, and Wasim in 5th. I won't plead with you guys to respect Silent striker's opinions, because you have shown yourselves intellectually incapable of countering his points, and have resorted to filthy abuse to cover up your quite obvious cerebral inferiority.

Re: Top ten bowlers in history Get over it guys these things happen on every Indian, Pakistani boards. If he's hiding his nationality then well it's his bad. You don't have to side with his opinions if you don't like it but keep the personal abuses out of the way.

I am ashamed, deeply ashamed to read some of the bigoted & senseless posts directed towards SS just because he considers Imran a greater cricket player than SRT. You guys call yourselves educated? Well, guess what, here's another "Pakistani" for you guys to sling mud at, because I consider Imran the greatest cricketer from Asia ever to have graced the 22 yards in the middle, narrowly ahead of Sunil Gavaskar, followed by Kapil in 3rd place, Sachin in 4th, and Wasim in 5th. I won't plead with you guys to respect Silent striker's opinions, because you have shown yourselves intellectually incapable of countering his points, and have resorted to filthy abuse to cover up your quite obvious cerebral inferiority.
i take it, tht u r addressing me.... i have seen a lot of idiotic neighbors who come on the sly and big up their heroes.... and from my netsperience, this guy fits the bill..... i dont have problems with him having mudassar nassar as the greatest bowler in his list.... he clearly asked me , what my prob was.... and i told him, him covering up his identity was the problem and not the list.... u can take the high ground, if u want....