"Cricket Hero Worship - Take a Chill Pill"

audioman

Guest dada_rocks

Re: "Cricket Hero Worship - Take a Chill Pill" Author needs to go to essay writing 101 and follow principle of SEES Statement-->> Explantion -->> Elaboration -->> Summary What point he is trying to make is hard to gauge. Sounds like rough regurgitaion of whatever he knew about india cricket. This kind of random rambling only proves one point that the author hates Sachin which keeps popping its head up despite serious efforts on his part to put it under the pretence and veneer of objectivity.

Re: "Cricket Hero Worship - Take a Chill Pill"

Guys like this will **** in their pants at a prospect of facing even 60 mph bowling. If you can't respect someone's talent you shouldn't freakin go around derailing it either. It is not like Tendulkar is finding faults with this fella that reckons he is saving the world with tapping on a keyboard. Absolutely stupid comparison. While this fella taps away on a keyboard he is not living up to the expectations of millions of people.
Read the text you quoted again and notice the man applauds Sachin as a good batsman. What he is against, though, is calling Sachin a patriot just because he can score runs. And just because batting against 90mph bowlers is more difficult than tapping away on a keyboard - which in itself is just an opinion - the author should call Sachin a patriot??

Re: "Cricket Hero Worship - Take a Chill Pill" Why not? The cricketers think they are representing the national team. The original author is nit picking BCCI as the players bosses which simply doesn't hold water. Every freakin cricketer knows he is representing his country. Similarly in other sports too, if you tell someone he is representing a sports body and not the country they will think you are mad. Similarly with the Aussies, Black Caps and the rest of the countries. They hold their first test cap or the national attire very close to heart. Don't tell me that is because they like their sporting body and not out of patriotism.

Why not? The cricketers think they are representing the national team. The original author is nit picking BCCI as the players bosses which simply doesn't hold water. Every freakin cricketer knows he is representing his country. Similarly in other sports too, if you tell someone he is representing a sports body and not the country they will think you are mad. Similarly with the Aussies, Black Caps and the rest of the countries.
What the author says is - just because you represent India, how does that make you a patriot? I would go ahead and play cricket for India, not because I am a patriot, but because I get to make a lot of money out of this.
Audio try reading the thread again ... especially the link quoted by Chandan where the court rebukes BCCI for its stand on insisting that the Player represent BCCI and not anyone else ...
I did read that. The same problem still - just because you represent India, how does that make you a patriot?

What the author says is - just because you represent India, how does that make you a patriot? I would go ahead and play cricket for India, not because I am a patriot, but because I get to make a lot of money out of this. I did read that. The same problem still - just because you represent India, how does that make you a patriot?
I ask you the same question, just becuase he represents India and makes money how do you prove he is not patriotic? Just because you type on a keyboard and pay tax how does that make the writer patriotic too? Also did someone say the writer isn't patriotic? Simply put the author has no idea what he is conveying. If someone says Tendulkar is patriotic then I don't quite see why should anyone have a problem???
Guest dada_rocks

Whether he is a patriot or not - nobody knows. So no one should call him either.
Unless someone behaves like you patriot tag remains there by default..