Aus pitches suit my batting style: Yuvraj Singh

poori_meri

Yuvraj's temperament & drive, more than his technique is in question. Here is a guy who has been craving for a test spot in an all time great Indian middle order. And when the team makes room for him, flops 4 times in a row & all without even a semblance of a fight. Very disappointed at his no show. But failure against the Aussies, is not failure as a test cricketer. Jaffer failed. Dhoni failed. If we try, DK he too will fail. And if you guys recall, even Ganguly & Dravid were failures in Australia on their first tour. I am sure Yuvi will lord over other teams at home (like he did vs SL, Pak at home). May be he is just not good enough against the Aussies. As Gambit rightly points, Yuvi's no show here must not be used to judge his utility as a test cricketer, in general. But his time's up. He can no longer complain he hasnt gotten his chances. He has had his fair share of opportunities, he didnt cash in. Now he must wait (however long it may be), for his turn. Thats how it works, unfortunately. You fail when opportunity knocks your door, the wait will be long & painful & rightly so.

Please guys wake up to the reality. This is a guy who averages 42 in FC cricket. He will never cut it in Test matches. If a batsman averaging 40 is our future in test matches, we might as well quit playing test matches. And mentioning Yuvraj in the same breath as Dravid and Ganguly is nonsense. Dravid and Ganguly were averaging close to 50 when they toured Australia. They had scored in England, South Africa etc. Yuvraj couldn't buy a run even in WI. Dhoni has at least played one good knock at Sydney. Yuvraj has done jack$hit. Now I really want him to be played in the remaining two test so his chimera as a test cricketer can be lifted once and for all.