Laxman sounds confident

Rohan495

HYDERABAD: Stylish batsman V.V.S. Laxman hopes to play match-winning knocks against his favourite opposition — Australia — on the forthcoming tour and help India win the Test series. Speaking to The Hindu a day before leaving for Down Under, the Very Very Special batsman from Hyderabad says that it is always satisfying to do well against the world’s best team so consistently. “I don’t exactly know the reason why I am very successful. But it is a pleasure no doubt that you give off your best against them,†he said to a query. “I strongly believe that India has the potential to win the Test series this time around,†Laxman opined. On comparing the present Australian team with the previous ones he faced in Australia, Laxman says that there is not much of change in batting except for Mike Hussey and Michael Clarke coming on now. “But the fact that each one of them are match-winners on their day, we cannot point out any single individual as a major threat for us,†he pointed out. “Frankly, we should focus on our strengths to be the better side than think of anything else,†he added. “I am certainly happy with my batting against Pakistan. Well, there is always the zeal to do better in every subsequent series,†Laxman said. “I am eagerly looking forward for this Australia tour and hope to come with some special performances. Hopefully, our batting should click to back up the bowlers,†says Laxman. The good news for his fans is that the severe blow on the elbow which he received was nothing serious. “Fortunately, there was no fracture and I am feeling perfectly alright,†he concluded.