Million dollar question, where should Sachin bat in WC?

kabira

Re: Million dollar question, where should Sachin bat in WC? Uthappa is horsesh*t. He is no Sehwag. You seriously expect this mug to come off at the top fo the order ? He might well score a few against the Bidis and Bermuda, maybe even SL but good teams like SA, AUS, NZ - hell, any team with a bowler or two who can generate a bit of lift would have him for breakfast. Remember how easily Asif figured him out in Abu Dhabi ? I'd even bet that the Lankan giraffes, ie; Zoysa or Fernando would knock him over easily. Let's wait and see

Re: Million dollar question, where should Sachin bat in WC?

Uthappa is horsesh*t. He is no Sehwag. You seriously expect this mug to come off at the top fo the order ? He might well score a few against the Bidis and Bermuda' date=' maybe even SL but good teams like SA, AUS, NZ - hell, any team with a bowler or two who can generate a bit of lift would have him for breakfast. Remember how easily Asif figured him out in Abu Dhabi ? I'd even bet that the Lankan giraffes, ie; Zoysa or Fernando would knock him over easily. Let's wait and see[/quote'] Currently, no one is more shittier than Sehwag.

Re: Million dollar question, where should Sachin bat in WC? In my opinion, Sachin should come one-down. Indian batting order for world cup should be : Ganguly Utthapa/Sehwag Tendulkar Yuvraj Dravid Dhoni Irfan I think Utthapa/Sehwag should play as a pinch-hitter and not worry about his wicket- Ganguly can be the stabilizing force while Tendulkar can come in at 1 down with say the score being 50-1 after 9-10 overs or maybe 30/1 after 4 overs. Yuvraj would be a good bet to follow : It would also give a left-right-right-left sequence to the batting. Dravid after Yuvraj and Dhoni after Dravid followed by Pathan should be a good batting lineup.

Re: Million dollar question, where should Sachin bat in WC? Tendulkar has shown more consistency over the last few ODIs batting at no.4 and I wouldn't change that. Sending him open will put a lot of pressure on him particularly when the ball is doing a bit. He must be happy where he's batting right now considering the consistency he is showing. If I were the captain I would say to him don't fix something that ain't need fixing.