Gujarat poll results

Guest dada_rocks

Guest HariSampath

From 2002 till now it has always been LK Advani to whom Modi had rushed to in times of trouble. After Godhra/post Godhra riots, when the whole nation was calling for dismissal of Gujarat govt or removal of Modi, it was Advani who staunchly stood by him and was even prepared to face a no confidence motion in parliament on this issue. In 2004 after the NDA defeat, most of the BJP leadership wanted Modi removed, and Vajpayee went public with his statement that Gujarat riots caused NDA defeat and Modi's removal will be discussed in the national executive at Mumbai. Advani again bailed Modi out as even the combined strength of BJP and Vajpayee and pro Vajpayee plus NDA allies was not able to shift Advani's position politically. in 2005, when dissidence reached its peak in Gujarat under Keshubhai Patel, and 24 MLAs actually gave in writing that Modi should be removed , Modi again ran to Advani who strongly stood by him and put down dissidence ( now seen as the right thing in view of electoral results) Now, in the most recent developments , Tehelka, Sohrabuddin etc, Advani again strongly stood by Modi, and staunchly defended Modi, even when the RSS sangh parivar refused to campaign for Modi. In view of all the above, is it not clear that Advani has been the man behind Modi ALL through last 5 years, before and after 2002 elections, and all the time till now also. Modi is aware of all this, and would he even consider himself as anything other than an Advani loyalist ? I have had so many conversations with Advani about Modi over last 5 years, and on one occasion on a matter when Advani became very angry with Modi , he even asked me to speak with Narendra Modi by phone when I was in Chicago ( something about a front page report in Indian express accusing Modi of favoring some companies in the IT sector , and it was suggested that it was because of Advani. Modi completely ignored the accusation when Advani wanted him to deny it ) I know that Modi himself considers his current position in Gujarat as largely due to LK Advani, which is perfectly true too, and of all people it will be Modi who will campaign across the country for LK as PM more than else. Modi doesn't even care too much about Vajpayee and others.

Guest HariSampath
Advani must be truly sweating now..
Sriram, you were the one who had stated the above, wrt Modi's huge win, and that is why I had to point out some ground realities to you.

Guest HariSampath
U are impressionable just because these loonies from media say it doesn't become truth.. Advani was roaming around gujarat campaigning
True...and more than 30,000 people attended the 2 rallies of Advani each time, and English media reported it as "500 people".."Even Advani not getting crowds etc"...LOL...this is laughable, as LKA has an organizational structure in Gujarat of his own for 30 years+... these were all efforts to create a "Modi-Advani divide"...and the Congress sponsored press has come a cropper along with congress

Guest dada_rocks

For MM did u check today's paper how Modi showed his middle finger to media morons claimgn Modi has become bigger than party.. yes hec alled this section soeone with virkrut mansikata......... Teaam-man honest disciplined that's Modi:two_thumbs_up:.. yes he even throws olive branch to dissidents in this hour when he is powerful enough to do exactly the opposite..