Sydney: Stats this season

kabira

verdict flat pitches....win the toss, put runs on the board and thats only way to win. NSW v/s queensland Result Draw Queensland 467 (Hayden 179, B. Lee o/113) NSW 601 (Katich 306) Queensland 398/7 dec NSW 34/0 NSW v/s Tasmania Result NSW won by an innings NSW 512 (P J Forrest 177) Tasmania 214 and 263 (fast bowler Bollinger taking 6fer in each innings) ODI game NSW v/s Tasmania Tasmania easily chased 265 in 46 overs with loss of only 1 wicket

Looks like a spin pitch.... click below para Parker has intimated the pitch this time round will be a traditional SCG pitch, which should please the Indians with captain Anil Kumble in such good form. The nature of the SCG pitch is that it will always turn on days three and four but I think there is going to be a fair bit of bounce early and a fair bit of carry." "I think the wickets in Australia are the best example of perfect Test wickets," he said. "There are differences at all grounds, whether it’s the Gabba, the WACA or the SCG, and this difference to me and other curators in Australia and Cricket Australia is the benchmark we feel, and this is not coming from our high horse. "We feel that pitches varying is what a Test pitch should be doing whereas you have some other wickets on the subcontinent where you start on a pitch that is like our day three or four or five. "But I think that’s why Australia is so competitive. Obviously within the domestic scene the players are playing on all different conditions all round the country and this is grooming them for when they are in the Australian team and they go and play overseas in England or on the subcontinent." And as Ricky Ponting leads the Australians onto the SCG looking to go two-up in the series against India, Parker’s handiwork may play some part in shaping the series. If the famous Bulli soil of the pitch takes to spin as is its want then India’s Kumble and Harbhajan Singh may yet turn the tide and hand India the advantage. Maybe Parker will be on hand to witness another great moment played on top of his pride and joy. parkersoil(160).jpg Spun gold ... Studying the unique Bulli soil.