Spread of Radical Islam in India

sandtest

A few months back. I posted an article from asiatimes pointing the Saudi intention of opening at least 300 Wahabi Madrassas in India during Saudi king Abdulla and our puppet PMs meeting... And Lo! behold!!...groundwork is being prepared in my own backyard in UP. In Azamgarh these b#$%@ are hosting Islamists largest global meet...and our pseudo-secularists are watching...Inspite the fact that Azamharh, Jaunpur and parts of Allahabad in UP have a history of communal violence-- http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Azamgarh-to-host-Islams-largest-global-meet/255563/ Azamgarh To Host Islam's Largest Global Meet Sherwan (Azamgarh), December 28 Ever imagined 300 hotels, 14 dispensaries, a hospital, four towers of cellular service providers and a perfect accommodation for lakhs of pilgrims at a single village? Not a poll promise, it is just the scene at Sherwan, a nondescript hamlet in this corner of Uttar Pradesh. The village has turned into a makeshift pilgrimage for Muslims who will gather from December 29 to 31for the Alami Ijtema (the largest international congregation) of global Islamic movement Tablighi Jammat. The jammat is likely to be attended by devouts from across the globe, including Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, the UK, France and Canada. “I cannot give the exact figure, but we are expecting the around 15 to 20 lakh people. This congregation is basically to judge the effectiveness of the Tablighi Jamaat, whose network preaches Islam across the world,†said chief coordinator of the Ijtema, Dr Anwar Ahmad. Similar congregations were held in Jaunpur, Allahabad and Barabanki in the 90s. The sprawling area houses 250 Unani and modern medicine practitioners, who will man the dispensaries. Besides, a 10-bed makeshift hospital has also been created at the Ibnesina Tibiah College. Arrangements for drinking water, electricity and transportation have also been made. The village, just 2 kms from underworld don Abu Salem’s native Saraimeer and 10 kms from Rani Ki Sarai — home to Mohd Tariq (arrested in connection with the November 23 serial blasts) — however, has no room for strangers and shutterbugs. An army of young volunteers is there to ensure that no stranger sneaks into the 40-lakh square feet arena, especially after sunset. “No stranger is allowed without the permission of Ijtema authorities. The media will be allowed to cover it only with the permission from organisers and that too on an assurance that no photographs will be taken,†said Mohd Arif Sherwani, a volunteer. Like Arif, people from several parts of the country, including a businessman from Bandra (Mumbai),{and we were wondering from where Islamists receive funding -- so called moderate Muslims...ehh??:giggle:} Niyaz Azmi and Abdul Majid, Unani doctor from Bhopal, are rendering service for the success of the congregation. Tight security is in place in wake of the allegations that Jamaat has links with terrorists, including British car bombing suspects Kafeel and Saebeel. Azamgarh District Magistrate Vikash Gothaliwal told The Indian Express that a round-the-clock vigil is being maintained.

ahhh...when it comes Islamism, my state UP is not alone....it seems commie heartland Kerala is also cathing up :giggle: "Minorities" protest School reforms in Kerala http://indiatoday.digitaltoday.in/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&&issueid=34&id=2881&Itemid=1&page=in&latn=2 The latest to bring minority ire against the Left are the recommendations— expected to be made:D—by an expert committee formed by the state government to amend the 50-year-old Kerala Educational Rules. Both Christian churches and Muslim religious organisations are already agitated even after the Government’s repeated assurance that none of the feared recommendations would be implemented :giggle:and that they have not yet been finalised by the expert committee. “We are neither contemplating any changes in school timings, which would clash with madrasa classes nor is there a proposal to allow boys and girls sit together:two_thumbs_up:. This is a calumny spread by vested interests against the Government,†says Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan. Alarmed by the anger of the minorities, Education Minister M.A. Baby met the powerful Sunni cleric Kanthapuram A.P. Abubaker Maulavi and assured him that there was nothing to fear. A state-level agitation plan has already been announced by various Muslim religious organisations with the full backing of the Muslim League. They have demanded that the activities of the Kerala Sasthra Sahithya Parishad, a prominent pro-Left popular science movement and winner of the Right Livelihood Award be banned in schools. “They are behind the moves to impose the atheist agenda,â€:hysterical:(thank god, due to commie rule they are not blaming this time on Hindutva agenda) stated Samasta Kerala Jamiyyathul Ulema. Madrasa committee protestThe organisation has also charged that there was a proposal to allow boys and girls in high schools to sit side-by-side in classrooms in the name of gender justice. “We will not allow this,†says Ulema President Kalampady Muhammed Musaliar. An anti-Government campaign centred in mosques will be launched by the organisation. “We will not allow Kerala to turn into a Bengal. Religious sentiments cannot be trampled upon,†says Muslim League leader Panakkad Shihab Thangal. Kerala Pradesh Congress Committee President Ramesh Chennithala echoes the sentiment.

Guest dada_rocks

Delhi mein mera mitra hai wo ak NGO se connected hai. His senitments not mine. They had this project where goal was to go to muslim dominated area and convince parents to register their kids in mainstream schools. HE said they kept toiling for weeks without even a single success and every time door was closed on their face with the same reply: " Ham log duniyavi talim ki parwah nahin karte." And then these folks turn around and ask why are we not well represented in jobs as per our population share. Ab koi kaise samjhaye hafiz-e-quraan aap ho sakte hain medrasha mein rat laga laga ke par aapki employability phir bhi zero rahti hai. It's real catch-22: they won't join mainstream school system they will oppose mederasa reforms but want jobs like the rest on the basis of quranic education. To top it rest are to blame for this.

Hindus now (generally) see no distinction between Hindu and Indian. They are willing to allow space for non Hindus in this Indian identity, but I believe a source of conflict is the fact that Muslims have tended to have an "intermediate identity" that inserts itself between themselves and their Indian identity - ie "Muslim". Let me try and make my thoughts clear. I suspect that 1000 years ago the Hindu saw himself as follows: I am human - a member of x community or I am human - a member of y community When Muslims came in, they saw all Hindus as: Human - kafir/Hindu Hindus saw the Muslim same like other invaders such as Huns initially, but later that was converted to Human-Muslim --after Islamic hordes succeeded in converting Indic people...However, although converted Muslims are are of "Indic" origin, they preferred to keep their "Muslim" identity seperate than their "Indic" identity in contrast with Hindus who have no problem in blurring their identity as a Hindu with Indian or Bharatiya. Therefore, identity of the Hindu became secondary, and that has actually united Hindus behind an "Indian identity". Hindus may still not see themselves as "Hindu" which is a foreign term. But they will certainly identify with India, which they find synonymous with the Bharat of their history.. This, I believe is the biggest power that India wields. A number of Indic people may not strictly classify themselves as Hindu, but they will swear by India. They see no conflict and absolute fitting of their former communal identity with an "Indian" identity. So what does the Muslim see himself as? I have no issue with the Muslim who sees Himself as Human-Indian-Muslim. but I have a problem with the Muslim who sees himself as Human-Muslim first. History has shown that the identity "Human-Muslim" with no allegiance to India/Bharat is a disruptive threat. Such a person must be viewed with suspicion in my rule book. A person who does not feel allegiance to the land of India as a unique geographical-social-cultural identity cannot be totally Indian. It's not for nothing that we have expressions like "sacred land" and "matru bhoomi" that have come down the ages.