Seperate forums for videos???

King

Re: Seperate forums for videos??? My opinion has been rendered worthless now that the poll has been done, but i'll throw in my 2 paisa anyway. I don't think it makes sense to have a bunch of threads containing nothing other than a few links to videos on youtube. It's just too redundant - like gator said, people can go to youtube on their own if they wanted to search for vids. This could work if we make our own videos - then there a sense of originality to it, and the content is exclusively our own. People will be attracted by exclusive content. The downloads section essentially serves the same purpose as the videos forum... Why don't we merge with our fellow poster Indistani's criki.com ? He has got a fantastic video portal up and running, and it's interactive as well - enabling others to share their material. I like the look of it. Imagine what could happen if we combine his video portal with our forums...the site's publicity could sky-rocket. He has got the videos, we've got the people - it's a winning combo. Technically, we need each other. Give him some kind of adminstrative role with ICF while he maintains his portal and we could be in business. In less than 6 months, this forum has already seen 656 members sign up - the content sells itself, but we could offer more value than just constructive debate under the ICF "brand". This is a great chance for us to build up our brand, instead of being just another forum in the middle of hyperspace - we can achieve this by integrating other fledgling Indian cricket-related websites. Think about it.

Re: Seperate forums for videos???

This could work if we make our own videos - then there a sense of originality to it, and the content is exclusively our own. People will be attracted by exclusive content. The downloads section essentially serves the same purpose as the videos forum...
Firstly these videos do not belong exclusively to anyone but the production companies' We can let people post their links as we have no control over what people post on this forums that may lead to a 3rd party website but we on our own cannot be posting videos that infringe copyrights. If we are contacted about it we will simply remove it from our servers but we can't be bothered about what is posted on other website videos such as Youtube. They have their legal team to do the work for them. I would personally not host a file sharing website, surely not.
Why don't we merge with our fellow poster Indistani's criki.com ? He has got a fantastic video portal up and running, and it's interactive as well - enabling others to share their material. I like the look of it. Imagine what could happen if we combine his video portal with our forums...the site's publicity could sky-rocket. He has got the videos, we've got the people - it's a winning combo. Technically, we need each other. Give him some kind of adminstrative role with ICF while he maintains his portal and we could be in business. In less than 6 months, this forum has already seen 656 members sign up - the content sells itself, but we could offer more value than just constructive debate under the ICF "brand". This is a great chance for us to build up our brand, instead of being just another forum in the middle of hyperspace - we can achieve this by integrating other fledgling Indian cricket-related websites. Think about it.
Again criki.com is another collection of links of videos on youtube. Glad he posts his website links on our one and as I said we can't take ownership of that content considering the legality involved. IMO we have no problem having his site publicized here and am sure the youtube will do the job for him if a copyright issue arises as he posts his videos on youtube. The best we can do of course is have his site listed in the recommended sites. Still food for thought for the rest of the guys.