National honor, my foot!

DesiChap

"And maybe you should play with your pommie half - brothers ...and beg / borrow / steal to finance your cricket ... dont care if you want to play us." At least they know how to accept an umpires decision! "hunt any aborigines lately ?" Grow up you racist! WHat next is every cricket side in the world going to pick and choose which umpires they want to umpire thier matches. Clive Llyod has spoken out against this aswell. The truth is India knew their best chance of winning a test match was the spinners track in Sydney. This is a desperate bid to save face knowing they are hopelessly out classed on Australian wickets. And as for criticism of Ponting....at least he has the balls to actually stand up and captain a team.....unlike the 6-12 month Indian captains we see time and again, cant hack the pressure.

I have never defended the win. I agree with your views onthe umpiring AND the use of technology. I bet on India in both tests! My beef is with the Indians threatening to abandon the tour. That is a disgrace. This whole thing smacks of a holier than thou attitude from the Indians. I am not going to nit pick an point to specifics but all cricketing nations have used underhanded tactics at one time or another, it not anybodys fault but your own if you get beaten at your own game. Grow up and worry about the cricket. Thinking you can change the result after a match because of decisions that may or may not have affected the outcome is appauling. Pack up and go home......we all know India is going to get spanked for the remainder of the tour. Back to pyjam cricket for you guys. PS: It is clear however why India has no world class tennis players. Umpiring decisions continually cost you in tennis, only a true sportsman who can put that behind them and focus on the game can succeed.

Hopman Cup? I said world class.......grand slam? Not warm up games This holier than thou rubbish from India is a joke, "we never try to gain an advantage on the feild, our players are perfect." Get ready for more pain in the coming weeks guys. What a shame...we have been hanging out for this series now its over. What a dissapointing result.

BossBhai - Im all for pushing the rules, I applaud that tactic and any others that you can get away with. But it does highlight that inda have a go aswell. Mandrake - trheataning to abandon a tour is nonsense no matter who does it. the only acceptable reason is political unrest, violence, apathied etc NOT umpiring no matter how bad!

BossBhai - Im all for pushing the rules, I applaud that tactic and any others that you can get away with. But it does highlight that inda have a go aswell. Mandrake - trheataning to abandon a tour is nonsense no matter who does it. the only acceptable reason is political unrest, violence, apathied etc NOT umpiring no matter how bad!
I quoted that because just the other day some Aussie fan was bragging here about how Australia will never do such a thing....just goes on to show how's it like when the shoe is on the other foot.
Talking about the current team guys.......they wouldnt abandon a series because of umpiring. Although it may be a disadvantage not to do it at everyone else seems to be doing it. And Tests are no longer umpired by only local umpires as was the case in that series.
That's pure speculation simply because so far you guys have always benefited from the umpiring largesses and Bucknor and Benson were probably worse than the local umpires in that series.

"Why don't you all play all your games in India, you can get your bookmakers to umpire, win every game, and maybe then we will see some sportsmanship out of your fair weather cricket team!" This is what you guys are doing already... Yo have only 5 or at best 6 grounds, @ whch play test cricket... And you make sure yo play in each of them every year... So the players know each ground like the back of their palm, whereas in India we have about 10-12 test venues... even the curators dont listen to our captains or coaches while preparing wickets... but yo guys can make a spin friendly scg wicket into a hard surface as we saw this time... If this is not enough, yo subject the visiting teams to an ordeal of playing 8-10 matches in the form of a triangular tournament, which loses its value by the time we are half way through the series. Why on earth each team needs to play another 4 times just to eliminate one team. This type of format doesn't exist anywhere in the world. It is designed to give the home team the best possible chance to qualify for the finals and even if they lose the first one, they have a second chance... the visiting teams are made to travel from one corner to the otherr of this huge lifeless continent and by February, they are tired mentally and physically, whereas yo guys keep rotating your players and keep everyone fresh... Isn't this called unfair home advantage??? Why yo guys wantto play international cricket at all... yo can have ur own statematches and call each other bastards, arseholes, mother ****er and whatever your glorified culture and parents at home have taught you.. why bother play against cultured civilisations like ours and spoil ur names?

I agree with your sentiments on the one day triangular tournament, but great teams including Indian teams have always managed to overcome this. "Why yo guys wantto play international cricket at all... yo can have ur own statematches and call each other bastards, arseholes, mother ****er and whatever your glorified culture and parents at home have taught you.. why bother play against cultured civilisations like ours and spoil ur names?" As for this statement......I have no interest in getting into a cultural slanging match. I am happy to argue and fire comments back and forth about cricket, make judgments and snide remarks about your cricket team and its supporters, but I am above making broad generalizations and remarks about your culture. At the end of the day I will wish you the best of luck in perth and I will be on here giving full credit to India if they knock over the Aussies, the same way I will rip into them when they threaten to abandon the tour. To claim one is cultured and civilized and then make a statement like that is to undermine ones own comments. Enough said.......