National honor, my foot!

DesiChap

http://www.prempanicker.com/index.php
This story is based on sources I am not in a position to reveal; read into it as much, or as little, as you like: The Indian team is not staying behind in Sydney at the behest of the BCCI; it is refusing to stir until and unless the BCCI takes some definite action. The mood within the team is one of substantial anger, directed in particular against BCCI boss Sharad Pawar who, the team believes, let them down with his pacifist statement of this morning to the effect that India does not want its relations with Australia spoilt. The team thinking is that they are being robbed on the cricket field and dubbed racist off it, and if ever there was a time for the Board to back it, this is it. Increasingly, it believes that some sort of wishy-washy compromise will be worked out, and the prospect has left the team, particularly the seniors, fuming. Meanwhile back home, matters are moving further towards a compromise—at the behest of Pawar himself, who is understood to have instructed his henchmen, particularly Lalit Modi, that on no account does he want the current imbroglio to impact on the prospects of the IPL, which depends on some of the high profile Aussies for its marquee value. With that instruction front and center, various board officials have been working through the day to figure out a formula acceptable to all. The modality being worked out (remember this is in the preliminary stage, and could change) is that the appeal will be kept on ice, and Harbhajan will be allowed to play on the grounds that the appeal is pending. The team will be told that the BCCI has already worked magic of sorts by forcing Bucknor out of the third Test panel, and asked to soldier on; if push comes to shove, some financial inducements could be tossed in, to sweeten the kitty. Thus, or so the Board’s managers currently think, everyone will be happy: the charge against Bajji will remain, but the team can play on, and at some point, the appeal will be ‘heard’, and the sentence on the off spinner will be ‘suspended’, and there will be a pious pronouncement that all parties have been made aware of the seriousness and in the event of something like this happening again blah blah... As of this moment, the team is aware of this possibility, and doesn’t like it one bit.

>>>>>>Meanwhile back home, matters are moving further towards a compromise—at the behest of Pawar himself, who is understood to have instructed his henchmen, particularly Lalit Modi, that on no account does he want the current imbroglio to impact on the prospects of the IPL, which depends on some of the high profile Aussies for its marquee value. With that instruction front and center, various board officials have been working through the day to figure out a formula acceptable to all. The modality being worked out (remember this is in the preliminary stage, and could change) is that the appeal will be kept on ice, and Harbhajan will be allowed to play on the grounds that the appeal is pending. The team will be told that the BCCI has already worked magic of sorts by forcing Bucknor out of the third Test panel, and asked to soldier on; if push comes to shove, some financial inducements could be tossed in, to sweeten the kitty. Thus, or so the Board’s managers currently think, everyone will be happy: the charge against Bajji will remain, but the team can play on, and at some point, the appeal will be ‘heard’, and the sentence on the off spinner will be ‘suspended’, and there will be a pious pronouncement that all parties have been made aware of the seriousness and in the event of something like this happening again blah blah... As of this moment, the team is aware of this possibility, and doesn’t like it one bit. Bloody Pimps!

actually what the news from sydney is coming...that..sachin is furious ..and really angry that his words were not given any importance...and Bhajji was banned.... in a way its an insult of sachin..and rajiv shukla got a taste of it when he talked to sachin... and it was sachin who convinced team not to go ahead with tour till bhajji is given clean chit..ans thus his SMS to pawar and other board officials... we all know..what happens when sachin speaks....Greg Chappel got a taste of his ire... so i am very sure that Bhajji will be given clean chit soon... BCCI has no other option...

actually what the news from sydney is coming...that..sachin is furious ..and really angry that his words were not given any importance...and Bhajji was banned.... in a way its an insult of sachin..and rajiv shukla got a taste of it when he talked to sachin... and it was sachin who convinced team not to go ahead with tour till bhajji is given clean chit..ans thus his SMS to pawar and other board officials... we all know..what happens when sachin speaks....Greg Chappel got a taste of his ire... so i am very sure that Bhajji will be given clean chit soon... BCCI has no other option...
this is very much possible... btw source plz??

The true measure of a sportsman is how he behaves in defeat. India are just an average team with a couple of good players and 2 champions. Without their home cooked pitches they have struggled to compete with one of the weakest Australian teams in the last 15 years. Worry about occupying the crease and bowling some decent pace before you all get too carried away. Like screaming about your pimples whilst your body has cancer.

The true measure of a sportsman is how he behaves in defeat. India are just an average team with a couple of good players and 2 champions. Without their home cooked pitches they have struggled to compete with one of the weakest Australian teams in the last 15 years. Worry about occupying the crease and bowling some decent pace before you all get too carried away. Like screaming about your pimples whilst your body has cancer.
dude have you been watching the games?? The series score should read 1-1 in all fairness. Forget Bucknor's mistakes, what about the THIRD UMPIRE screwing up and catches being claimed unethically. and then again we also got Bensoned and Bucknored Lets see India's average team - SRT, RD, VVS, SG, AK ?? Average?? One of the strongest test teams - dumbass

I know what your saying. But I am so shocked by this whole "abandon the tour" mentality that I have had enough. The Indian team should let the scoreboard do the talking. Why would they threaten to end the tour and not resolve to teach the Aussies a cricketing lesson in the next test???? To me that attitude is not sportsman like and reminiscent of a child taking his bat and ball and going home because he cant compete with the older children. We are starved of any real competitive test series' in Australia and the Indian tour is generally the only one we look forward to. Once again we have been let down and now they are threatening to go home. I've had it, why can't they just make their stand with runs and wickets instead of carrying on like this??

Mr ad, To teach Australia a lesson, India needs fair umpiring. If it has to take 30 wickets instead of 20 to skittle Australia out while Australia can just claim 14-15 wickets then the match is too lop-sided. Go, clean up the umpiring mess first before preaching how India should play.

Every cricket side will have matches where the umpiring goes against them. How they respond is up to them. This hysteria is the last thing India needs going into a test match being played on a tennis court with a sub-standard pace attack. If you were in charge of a children's cricket team who had been the victim of similar poor umpiring would you advise them to pull up stumps and not return to play the following week?? If your answer is yes then you have no concept of the "spirit of the game". P.S I have lost close to $20,000AU backing India in the 2nd test and have been talking them up for months don't think that I wasn't pissed off with the umpiring as well. It is the pack our bags mentality that has really, really upset me from a cricketing side that I had always considered the most talented in the world!

Yes. ICC needs to understands how bad the situation is. And they won't open their eyes until such a drastic thing happens. This was a match where as many as 16-17 errors were made in which 85 % went in favour of Australia. There is something extremely wrong with highly questionable attitude of umpires and match referee too which forces India for this extreme step. I'll vote in favour of calling off this tour so that this mess is cleaned up by introduction of technology!