Breaking news: BCCI has suspended its tour

igby

they shouldn't let this opportunity pass by & lodge a severe complaint with ICC against punter' date=' gilly & clarke for unfair play.....but.....if only BCCI had any balls....[/quote'] especially Ponting, he denied everything he did in the post-match conference. On top of that, he was being so arrogant.
Guest HariSampath
bring back venkataraghavan . that guy was quality :D
More tahn just quality...that guy Venkat was legend and a classic..even the likes of Sunil Gavaskar address him as " venky sir"...and ICC had awarded him the highest ever international award for umpiring..., just consider Umpire Venkat had officiated in more Down under series than ANY elite panel umpire, and NO Aussie ever messed with him, that says something. This is an umpire ICC elite panel, from INDIA, who has been a spin legend, India captain, Coach, ICC official, BCCI top official, AND elite panel umpire, duly decorated. I vote that the babus of BCCI crawl and slither up to Mr Venky and ask him how problems of umpiring/TV/int'l cricket/ICC/racism etc can be solved. What a pity that Mr Venky has not been contacted by BCCI too often after his brutal views on Greg Chappell as coach Venky for Coach :yay::D:two_thumbs_up:
More tahn just quality...that guy Venkat was legend and a classic..even the likes of Sunil Gavaskar address him as " venky sir"...and ICC had awarded him the highest ever international award for umpiring..., just consider Umpire Venkat had officiated in more Down under series than ANY elite panel umpire, and NO Aussie ever messed with him, that says something. This is an umpire ICC elite panel, from INDIA, who has been a spin legend, India captain, Coach, ICC official, BCCI top official, AND elite panel umpire, duly decorated. I vote that the babus of BCCI crawl and slither up to Mr Venky and ask him how problems of umpiring/TV/int'l cricket/ICC/racism etc can be solved. What a pity that Mr Venky has not been contacted by BCCI too often after his brutal views on Greg Chappell as coach Venky for Coach :yay::D:two_thumbs_up:
Why did he retire from umpiring, HS? He really seemed to be at the top of his (umpiring) game.
Guest HariSampath

mr Venky was expecting that BCCI approaches him respectfully for any greater responsibility ( I know Mr Venky slightly over several years , he is of course from Chennai)...in the coach appointment issue , BCCI appointed him on the review commitee on Chappell , and when questioned by media on Chappell's role after the WC , Mr Venky publicly stated in his usual manner " couldn't care lesser"...and of course mr Venky cares more about his high quality drinks and matters on the race course LOL ....this guy ( whom Hema malini was crazy upon , one day) is a legend and HATES bootlicking, lol...Venky sir..you are da man :-)

mr Venky was expecting that BCCI approaches him respectfully for any greater responsibility ( I know Mr Venky slightly over several years ' date=' he is of course from Chennai)...in the coach appointment issue , BCCI appointed him on the review commitee on Chappell , and when questioned by media on Chappell's role after the WC , Mr Venky publicly stated in his usual manner " couldn't care lesser"...and of course mr Venky cares more about his high quality drinks and matters on the race course LOL ....this guy ( whom Hema malini was crazy upon , one day) is a legend and HATES bootlicking, lol..[b'].Venky sir..you are da man :-)
Too much brotherhood among you Iyengars !:D
Guest HariSampath
Too much brotherhood among you Iyengars !:D
I totally agree with you KR....but how the hell you decide I am one of those Chennai Iyengars , LOL ....but seriously , can ANYONE doubt mr Venkat's 40 years unequalled contribution to world cricket and Indian cricket in 5 DIFFERENT cricketing roles ??...NO way...:two_thumbs_up:....he is da man Indian cricket needs, we need to take advantage of his international stature and immense respect among former Indian cricketers...BCCI..pls note :yay:
Guest HariSampath
KR..just for info sake....is this a Brahmin surname in South India??
Not always....the Iyengars comprise various surnames and branches ( eg..TVS, The Hindu, Jayalalithaa, Charis etc )....but broadly speaking...yes, The Iyengars of Chennai were always a dominant surname in Indian politics, administration, sport, cricket, national media , judiciary, etc..and they are known/perceived to be snobbish, blue blooded, upper catestist, elite, intellectual, sporting, cricket, powerful etc...not always wrong too Lol
Guest HariSampath
how can that be racist hari?
it is....implying and stating too, that my opinion on mr venkat is because of Iyengar sentiments, when I had clearly stated his credentials, which are all public knowledge :D