And this year's Most Delusional Quote Award goes to...

Mr. Wicket

216025.jpg A dignified Bucknor took the moral high ground and told AFP: "I respect ICC's authority in the matter. To err is human, to forgive divine, as the old saying goes. However, I consider it a sad day to see umpires sidelined after making only two wrong decisions out of a record of 35 appeals."

how many wrong decisions did bucknor ACTUALLY make? Mebbe he does not consider not referring to the 3rd umpire as a "wrong decision". I can recall 1. Symond's nick to the keeper 2. Punter's inside edge - LBW 3. Dravid's caught behind off the pads in the second innings can others add?

Still wallowing, folks ? I can assure you, there's only one thing on the Aussies' minds - Perth. :regular_smile:
Why would it be otherwise? They are only playing against the India XI and the pitch but we have to battle not only Aus and Perth but also the 2 field umpires, the 3rd umpire, match referee and double standards of ICC.

I am beginning to wonder, from here, what would be considered acceptable standards of umpiring ? What if the umpire gets it all right and ends the match with 3 crucial howlers ? Does he get punished ? or stays for his 87 overs of excellence ? This is a dangerous precedent that is being set here, and though there is absolutely no defense for mediocre umpiring, ICC has sent all sorts of mixed signals by removing Bucknor.

Wallowing ? do you even know about concepts like fair play and level playing field Never mind understanding them or putting them into practice ?
Yes.
Dont you feel ashamed of yourself considering how you like to come across as a elderly statesman with impeccebale manners and understanding of the game?
No. "elderly statesman" and "impeccable manners" are completely your terms, Bossby. I have never aspired to either.