FAO : Tendulkar rubbishers

But you gotta take all that with the eulogy threads. In the Kotla game, there were atleast 5 good performances (Dravid's, Ganguly's 2nd inngs efforts, Jaffar's 50, Dhoni's, Laxman's efforts in the 1st inns, Kumble's wickets etc). Yet there was not a single thread on any of them. Here we have 4 folks starting threads on a Sachin's 50 ? U gotta be kidding, if u dont think it was an OTT celebration.
Definitely OTT, but so was the criticism prior to that. But heck, that's MBs for you.
But when he does perform well like he did at Sydney, u would never seen me put his performances down. Infact surprising it may seem to you, I even defended Sachin's batting with the tail at Sydney when people were harping on it & I also consider his 71 at Perth one of the 5 key performances in our win (Darvid's 93, Sachin's 71, Laxman's 79, Pathan's, RPS's & Kumble's wickets). This series was the real deal. He has convinced me that still has the ability & drive to perform against quality attacks.
Great to hear that and so backing a champion did work out as it did with Dravid. I remember a lot of your posts saying that after so much backing he needs to deliver and he has delivered in the most emphatic manner.
And i dont agree with the injury excuse at Cape town (that everyone is using). If he was injured why did he walk ahead of KKD & Laxman to bat at 4 ? Why did he not communicate that to the team mgmt ? The outcome of all this is a series that was in the bag, was frittered away. I will squarely blame Dravid & Tendulkar for that!
It's not an excuse. I said it during and after that test as well - it was a poor decision for Tendulkar to volunteer to come out at 4 and for Dravid and Chappell to allow it when he was obviously injured. You can fault the decision for him to be out there, but really can't blame him for the muck up once he was out there with an injured. Tendulkar and the team management should have realized he is not the same person who had hammered 136 against Pakistan with back spasms.

It's funny when you complain about OTT celebration. You and other "objective" (note the quotes please, they are there for a reason) critics create more threads (most of them are pointless and have nothing to do with objectiveness or cricketing insight) than the fans and then when called out for that you'll of course throw blinds, worshippers, school girls and whatever you can think of as excessively as your critique. As I said before, let me know all those threads and posts I missed where you have been just as fair and critical to RD through his lean patch. Although with your kind of logic I'm sure a regulation criticism of RD is just about at per with what you've written against SRT. Congrats for the new excuse, to rile up the fans and probably to liven up the MB. And great prediction about the 35 avg against genuine pace and good bowling.

But you gotta take all that with the eulogy threads. I agree i have done my bit to rile up Tendulkar fans, sometimes purposefully for some MB fun. :D
Bumper, While Anakin finds it "funny", I guess it is quite understandable that you stated the above. When you are in a forum, where thread after thread, post after post, is going overboard in praising one cricketer, then you can expect atleast a few who post view that will be contrarian and sometimes it is just to balance that out.
Bumper, While Anakin finds it "funny", I guess it is quite understandable that you stated the above. When you are in a forum, where thread after thread, post after post, is going overboard in praising one cricketer, then you can expect atleast a few who post view that will be contrarian and sometimes it is just to balance that out.
Except that you have got the chronology wrong. The OTT the top praise threads came in after Tendulkar was needlessly lambasted in South Africa and England.

Though you've got to say something shwetabh. Easiest way to get personally attacked in this forum is to go ahead and lambast SRT for something. (Forget the 'injury' thingy, that was OTT, was done in an angry mood, and apologized). But, even other criticism of SRT will earn enough enemies at ICF. There are people like yourself (shwetabh) who argue the posts, but dont persist that from thread to thread. But there are a lot of members here who keep in mind the names of members who criticize SRT and will remember to attack months from now. Essentially, you attack SRT and you will have a bunch of people trying to attack you personally. Again, nothing about you shwetabh. You are pretty good in moving on after a debate, but there are many that wont. ------------------------------------------------------- SRT is truly "God" and "religion" for some which is ridiculous to say the least...this sort of worship of a player - ANY PLAYER be it Gangs, or Lax or SRT or Dravid or Kumble or whoever :hahaha: (what the heck, let me earn more enemies :D)

1. Good perf with minimal blotches - Appreciate it very well 2. Good perf with bad things mixed in patches - Lukewarm appreciation 3. Bad perf - criticize 4. Spineless perf - throw the kitchen sink, and criticize harshly 5. Any combo of above with clear selfish behavior - then go back to #4 (equivalent) Whoever the cricketer, whether he is god of offside, onside or straight drive - does not matter

FL, SRT is a Indian legend. People adore him. If you post something against him, it will needle (at best) & hurt (at worst), plenty of his fans. So the reactions you are gonna cop will be disproportionate to the gravity of your comments. You will have to come to grips with that, if you want to keep posting your pov on SRT. You cant be faint hearted & indulge in such posts. It also helps to be a bit thick skinned.:D Am afraid you will have to stand the heat of the kitchen if you wanna be a chef! You will get used to it.

FL, SRT is a Indian legend. People adore him. If you post something against him, it will needle (at best) & hurt (at worst), plenty of his fans. So the reactions you are gonna cop will be disproportionate to the gravity of your comments. You will have to come to grips with that, if you want to keep posting your pov on SRT. You cant be faint hearted & indulge in such posts. It also helps to be a bit thick skinned.:D Am afraid you will have to stand the heat of the kitchen if you wanna be a chef! You will get used to it.
Bumper, Completely agree that the reactions you have to cop are disproportionate. But I dont want to stop posting my viewpoints becos of that. Its like herd mentality. If you dont conform to herd mentality, you will be beaten and kicked for saying different things than what is "expected of a good and affable Indian fan".

You cant be sensitive to every petty insult, esp when you post the kinda conterversial povs, as you do. Learn to ignore as much as you read. And you must know, what is response worthy & what isnt, so you dont waste your time responding. This is all part of the 'MB rulebooks' for anti-SRT posters:haha:

You cant be sensitive to every petty insult' date=' esp when you post the kinda conterversial povs, as you do. Learn to ignore as much as you read. And you must know, what is response worthy & what isnt, so you dont waste your time responding. This is all part of the 'MB rulebooks' for anti-SRT posters:haha:[/quote'] I am *not* anti-SRT, as much as the forum wants to classify me as such. I am neither for SRT nor anti. I criticize when he does bad and I would no matter whether he has 15K or 50K runs against the cricinfo stats db. I have been more angry in the heat of some moments, however, by and large I will criticize anyone - no matter it is SRT, SG or RD or AK or whoever if they make mistakes. No "special treatment" needed.
I am neither for SRT nor anti. I criticize when he does bad and I would no matter whether he has 15K or 50K runs against the cricinfo stats db
There in lies the problem. People with proven pedigrees should not be criticized for the odd failure. That's pure and simple logic, can't put it any more bluntly.
There in lies the problem. People with proven pedigrees should not be criticized for the odd failure. That's pure and simple logic' date=' can't put it any more bluntly.[/quote'] Not for odd failure shwetabh. Please - not for odd failure. Numerous are the times in 2nd Inn when we have been desperate for a batting leader to take charge and show the world the class. Numerous are the times we have been desperate and praying for a class display. High expectations? Sometimes yes. Sometimes these are reasonable expectations. But such expectations are there.
Not for odd failure shwetabh. Please - not for odd failure. Numerous are the times in 2nd Inn when we have been desperate for a batting leader to take charge and show the world the class. Numerous are the times we have been desperate and praying for a class display.
And numerous times he has delivered. Firstly, don't know how that average of 16 in the second innings against Australia got so publicized. It was a false stats. He averages 34 in the second innings against Australia. Secondly, test matches are set up in the first innings and I would rather have a first innings performer than a second innings one. Thirdly, he has played a lost of good innings in the second knock as well, most recently at Kotla.
High expectations? Sometimes yes. Sometimes these are reasonable expectations. But such expectations are there.
Then it is you who is putting him on a supernatural pedestal, not Tendulkar supporters. First have unreasonable expectations from someone and then take the mickey out of him for not fulfilling those. How logical!!
Shweta' date=' probably that 16 is in aus only ( away) in 2nd innings...They really have to pick some holes, but wouldnt talk about Punters overall avg in India[/quote'] Even for that the average is 26. And you are right, about Ponting and not only that have they ever discussed Tendulkar's first innings average in Australia which is 88!!