Terrific win : Well done England

King

That was one fantastic win for England. The champions Australia were beaten thrice in a row by a England 'C' side. NZ ran them close couple of times too. Now this is going to remind them often when the going gets tough for Australia. Few losses like this will ensure it will get habitual. Still Australia are favourites for WC considering they come back real well after they are down and out but now the WC win is not one team's right as it used to be. This also will create self doubt in some of the Aussie players and spur the rest of the team when they have to play against Australia. This is good for the sport. BTW the Aussie crowd have left the ground long time ago. So much for thrashing in the Ashes the crowd won't even hang around. It must really be hurting for Australia.

Re: Terrific win : Well done England hmmm...i wouldn't be too pleased. This win will shake them up; forcing them into a phase of introspection and they might come back better than ever - more motivated and hungry to win. They finally have something to prove and like all great teams; i expect them to bite back with a vengeance when the World Cup arrives. No team can raise it's game when the occasion demands it better than Australia. They lost the Ashes in the summer of '05, only to come back and vanquish England 5-0 in their next encounter. I still rate them as favourites by a long way. England still haven't convinced me though. They are so erratic - beat Australia on one day, will struggle to turn over Bangladesh the next. Any win over Australia is worth savouring though; even moreso when it's in a final - no other team has gotten the better of Australia in finals than England have. Beat them in the '04 CT semi, drew with them in the Natwest Final back in '05 and beat them 0-2 today...that's a record worth being proud of.

Re: Terrific win : Well done England ^Preds, but Eng's bowling is very good tho. Expect them to defend a 270ish total almost every single time. Its their batting that looks erratic. I dont expect Eng to advance much further in the world cup with this batting lineup, but they look like the only team that believes they can beat these Aussies.

Re: Terrific win : Well done England Monty has come on pretty well, he is among one of the best spinners right now. I can dare say he is the best among the lot perhaps. He has picked up wickets and hasn't given away too many in Austraila in the just concluded commonwealth series. At this point in time he is bowling way better than his counter parts. People don't see this but Monty has been a great influence on this team.

skeptical I know England has won what 4 on the trot now...and all credit to them, They've played well especially Colly and Freddie, Plunkett's looked good and Panesar is really growing into a fine spinner. I am still highly skeptical of their chances in the WC, however, as they've always been a frail team but more importantly I'm not impressed by their bowling options. Once Pietersen and Vaughan come back their batting line-up looks pretty solid but their bowling is pretty thread-bare...especially the lack of strike-bowlers... Vaughan is a brilliant Captain but not a great ODI batsman, but the trio of Pietersen, Colly, and Freddie can all change the game with their batting or bowling so that is certainly something to look out for. BTW...CREDIT TO COLLY -- he's for so long been a bridesmaid, but finally its his turn to bask in the radiance of glory! He's deserved it working so hard and being so consistent...god on you mate. So their team is...?? 1 Cook 2 Bell 3 Strauss 4 Vaughan 5 Pietersen 6 Colly 7 Freddie 8 Plunkett 9 Panesar 10 Mahmoud ? 11 Darlymple? 12. Joyce/Loyle Solid batting...but weak bowling...lets see how they do and more importantly how they handle this mentally, we saw how well they defended their Ashes triumph