Greg Chappell

indfan

Re: Greg Chappell

You've got this all wrong. Mourniho doesn't spend hours on end chatting with journalists - Fergie's press conferences don't go longer than 5 mins and he doesn't even give post-match interviews ot the BBC anymore. Mourinho is a top class manager 'cos he takes the pressure off his players by attracting all the media's attention - the unsavoury headlines enable him to create a "siege mentality" within his players' heads, and that forces them to perform bettter. Contrast this with Chappell - he seeks out journalists; grants every interview he is asked for, hogs the limelight when India win but does nothing to relieve the team of the pressure when they lose (instead, it's RD who has to face up to the public). Wright was more like Mourinho in his handling of the media - he kept his distance, only told them as much as they needed to know, and gave them the soundbites they longed for just so that they could stay off the players' backs. Chappell is just an attention-wh0re. Big diference

Oh and speaking of results - ever looked at Chappell and Wright's win percentages ? They are almost identical.
So Wright was as useless altho for less money?
You are interpreting it the wrong way. What i mean is that Chappell has gotten similar results as Wright did; when he really should have taken India to the next level. That is what he was hired for. Wright did a good job when you consider the fact that he had to build a disjointed, broken team all the way from scratch after the match-fixing scandal - he was quite literally, starting from rock-bottom. That's why a win % of 50 isn't so bad when looked at in that context. His task was far more difficult, and given the circumstances he did a fairly good job. Chappell inherited a team which was an established unit; good players all-round - the foundations were in place. Instead he shook up everything and took India backwards. When the BCCI hired him, the objective was to improve on Wright's results. Chappell hasn't done that at all and the team is at the same level as it was back then; maybe even worse (that is arguable, of course). I know when i look at India's '07 WC side and compare it with the '03 side, the difference in quality is clear and i don't think India got it's full return on investment with Chappell.

Re: Greg Chappell dsr could you enlighten us on the "results" he has achieved... India didn't even get past the LEAGUE phase of the ICC Champions trophy AT HOME... and were PASTED 1-4 and 0-4 in West Indies and South Africa respectively... Ghar pe SHER bahar BILLI ...actually the ICC Champions Trophy showed that even Ghar pe BILLI :mad: :mad: :mad:

Re: Greg Chappell According to the ICC ODI rankings, India in 2003 - H: 5th, L: 8th 2004 - H: 5th, L: 8th 2005 - H: 4th, L 8th (7th in May) 2006 - H: 3rd, L 6th 2007 - 4th in the latest table In the test rankings: 2003 - H: 5th, L: 6th 2004 - H: 3rd, L: 6th 2005 - H: 2nd, L: 3rd (3rd in May) 2006 - H: 2nd, L: 4th 2007 - 4th in latest table We haven't improved much, but we haven't gone backwards either.

Re: Greg Chappell Doesn't matter If he goes, another one will join in ( and will also make $$$$ ). Point is, our players like to call the shots and if anything goes against them; its national news Whatever happened between him and ganguly..( forget all that ) Look at the positives..Ganguly 2.0 ( lean mean machine ) never mind anything else

Re: Greg Chappell Nothing much has changed since chappel took over in terms of our over all record. Under wright we won in Pak but lost in WI. With chappel its the other way. Yes one could point champions trophy but wright got 2-3 shot at it. Lets give chappel a couple of more shots. But there is one positive i see and that is there is now someone who had the guts to tell our players boss you need to improve or you will be dropped. Return of ganguly n Zaheer is a proof. Credit to the players for showing the character and will to reinvent themselves but chappel did hold the mirror, which i am afraid was never done in past. I dont care if chappell leaves or stays back post world cup, all i care is we find suitable replacements for 4 top batsman and 1 great legspinner. I dont want us to go aussie way.

Re: Greg Chappell HE may have removed a bit of complacency...but he has replaced it by mistrust, fear and insecurity...with players not sure of themselves... It is ONLY due to the great relationship between the Seniors like Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid...etc. that the team has stayed united... If Greggy had is WAY India would have turned into a DISTRUSTFUL rabble...of psychophants... He has ruined the confidence of at least three key players Kaif, Veeru and Pathan...

Re: Greg Chappell India won ODI series in Pakistan FIRST under Ganguly... They also won ODI series IN West Indies under Ganguly... They won ICC Champions Trophy... won a Tests Series in Pakistan...and nearly won one in Australia under Ganguly... Can't be selective...about what series you focus on..and btw, Chappell has not coached a single wining game Test or ODI against Australia... Bottom line is their records... Chappell has a LOT to prove...

Re: Greg Chappell Chappell has done NOTHING of note...and even If India does well in the world cup...it will be DESPITE him...not because of him Heck he wanted Zaheer and Ganguly permanently gone... and the CHappell YOUTH installed... Thank god we now have a Strong chairman of selectors in Vengsarkar instead of that boot licker More...

Chappell has done NOTHING of note...and even If India does well in the world cup...it will be DESPITE him...not because of him Heck he wanted Zaheer and Ganguly permanently gone... and the CHappell YOUTH installed... Thank god we now have a Strong chairman of selectors in Vengsarkar instead of that boot licker More...
now that you are making a martyr out of Zaheer and Ganguly....they were sucking big time when they were dropped and it seems a good decision in hindsight since they came back so strongly with remarkably more hunger to perform.....Most of this talk about who was stabbing whom and who was against whom is mostly speculation.I just dont think Chappell is important enough to cause so much damage as you claim.BTW the chief selector has been a big loud mouth too...

Chappell has done NOTHING of note...and even If India does well in the world cup...it will be DESPITE him...not because of him Heck he wanted Zaheer and Ganguly permanently gone... and the CHappell YOUTH installed... Thank god we now have a Strong chairman of selectors in Vengsarkar instead of that boot licker More...
Give it a rest. If you want to launch anti chappell tirades over and over again then use the other board for that nonsense.