Indian pace attack’s performance will be followed with lot of intrigue: Adam Gilchrist

Switchblade

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/indian-pace-attacks-performance-will-be-followed-with-lot-of-intrigue-adam-gilchrist-5450612/

“Hard to tell (how they will fare) as they haven’t been here as a group and we have to find that out. That’s going to be an intriguing part of the series. Because Australian pace bowling unit has proven they are exceptional in Australian conditions,” Gilchrist told ESPN Cricinfo.

“But I am really excited from an Indian point of view about that pace bowling unit and they have shown glimpses in England about their ability to rip through potential batting line-ups. They are fit, strong, aggressive young men so they have all virtues to take on Australia in Australia,” Gilchrist stated.

Gilchrist, one of the greatest keeper-batsman to have ever graced the game, didn’t agree that this series will be only about Virat Kohli’s duel with Mitchell Starc.

“I don’t see this as a Starc vs Virat challenge really. I think Pat Cummins is outstanding and Josh Hazlewood is almost McGrath like with his methodic, repetitious bowling. So there are three guys there and there are a couple in the wings. They are high quality fast bowlers,” he said.

“So yeah, I don’t intend to single out Virat although clearly he is the best player at the moment, so India will look to him to score heavily, but they are all going to have their challenges which is also true for Australian batting line-up.”

Jasprit Bumrah will be X-factor for Indian attack: Damien Fleming

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/india-tour-of-australia-jasprit-bumrah-bhuvneshwar-kumar-damien-fleming-5450618/

Damien Fleming termed Jasprit Bumrah as the “x-factor” in the Indian bowling line-up which will take on Australia in the four-Test series, starting December 6. “He (Bumrah) is the real X-factor – 28 wickets in six Tests. I have seen him in the IPL. He has that unorthodox action, a stuttery run-up, a weird run-up but I think for batsmen you don’t get a real good sight of the ball but he has got pace and bounce and has a great yorker that I think he will utilise particularly against the tail,” Fleming was quoted as saying by Sydney Morning Herald.

“That’s the factor they probably haven’t had before – a pace battery that could unsettle tails. Just with that weird action, I have noticed he can swing the ball away from right handers now. He has actually upskilled himself as well.”

“That’s as impressive a pace attack that I have ever seen India bring out to Australia. They are actually quite experienced now, too,” Fleming said. “They will have two unlucky quicks. It’s a real luxury. That’s good for them,” he said. But he didn’t forget to mention that Australia too have a great bowling attack.

“Our pace attack is great, too, so it’s going to be a shootout between two good pace attacks. It’s going to get down to those batsmen, isn’t it?” Fleming was all praise for Bhuvneshwar Kumar, whom he compared to England great James Anderson.

“I love watching Bhuvi Kumar because, probably with James Anderson, they are the best swing bowlers in the world. He actually has the skills where he can bowl outswingers and inswingers to right and left-handed batsmen. “When he (Bhuvi) first started, he lacked a yard or two in Test cricket, but he has increased his pace a little bit in the past two years,” Fleming said.