India best in world says Abdul Qadir

Well he said we were favorites for WC, which IMO means he thinks we are best in the world :hic: New Delhi, Feb 22: Rahul Dravid and his men may have their concerns with injuries and form, but Pakistani legend Abdul Qadir believes India are "favourites" while Australia will fail to reach the semi-final of the World Cup in the Caribbean. The former leg-spinner said India had more strengths than weaknesses, and that made them genuine contenders at the quadrennial event starting from March 13. "India have a formidable batting line-up, and their bowling is well balanced too, which makes them a favourite to reach the semi-finals," said Qadir, in India to lead a Pakistan veterans' team in a three-match series this month. "It's a mediocre fielding side but their superior batting can make up for that," he said. Qadir said he would prefer that Zaheer Khan and S Sreesanth opened the bowling. "Zaheer has come back as an improved player ... Sreesanth at times tries too hard but he is a fighter to the core. They can be lethal with the new ball," he said. Qadir said that in the wake of Australia slipping from their world number one ranking, every other team would believe they had a chance to win cricket's coveted trophy. "The last six matches (that Australia played and lost five of them) have given new lease of hope for all other teams," he said. "The competition has become more even and I feel Australia might fail to make the cut in the semi-finals." The wrist spinner, however, put Pakistan as least favourites of them all. "Going by current form, the Kiwis look the top team. They have a bowler like Shane Bond in their ranks who can take five wickets in a match. That certainly gives them an edge. "Then there is South Africa close on their heel. India and Sri Lanka are the two Asian teams likely to reach the last four stage. And you just can't underestimate the hosts (the West Indies). They would be as dangerous as any lion in its den," he said. "They have a solid batting line-up with Chris Gayle, and Shivnarine Chanderpaul as opening pair. And Ramnaresh Sarwan when he is back in the team will make it a strong middle order. Qadir said it would be the last World Cup for Brian Lara and the West Indian great would be keen to sign off on a high. "It will be also (Brian) Lara's last World Cup. He will be that much determined to have that trophy in the cupboard before he hangs his boots." Qadir's team will play an Indian side led by Mohammed Azharuddin in three limited overs games at Udaipur (Feb 23), Kozhikode (Feb 25) and Meerut (Feb 27).

Re: India best in world says Abdul Qadir

I want him to stop stating the obvious and tell us more about the ball-tampering Pakistani bowlers indulged in. He gave us some fascinating insight about that during the '04 tour
confused one idiot for another have you, but dime a dozen they are... hence, not a significant loss you have incurred... p.s. i one of the few departures i shall take from my idiosyncratic colloquialism: that was sarfraz nawaz who spilt the beans but then again he called sreesanth a wasted and toothless force, an observation the proteans would vehemently deny...

I want him to stop stating the obvious and tell us more about the ball-tampering Pakistani bowlers indulged in. He gave us some fascinating insight about that during the '04 tour
confused one idiot for another have you, but dime a dozen they are... hence, not a significant loss you have incurred... p.s. i one of the few departures i shall take from my idiosyncratic colloquialism: that was sarfraz nawaz who spilt the beans but then again he called sreesanth a wasted and toothless force, an observation the proteans would vehemently deny...
V, you are mistaken. AQ shed a lot of light on Pak bowlers and their love story with ball tampering. Read 'Pundits from Pakistan'.

V, you are mistaken. AQ shed a lot of light on Pak bowlers and their love story with ball tampering. Read 'Pundits from Pakistan'.
Exposed my faux pas you have... humbled i am, apologetic i feel...

V' date=' you are mistaken. AQ shed a lot of light on Pak bowlers and their love story with ball tampering. Read 'Pundits from Pakistan'.[/quote'] ...or alternatively, you can read this article;
LINK Pakistan pacemen tampered with the ball, says Qadir Pakistan?s successes in the past has been attributed to their fast bowlers altering the condition of the ball. LAHORE, DHNS: There have always been whispers in the past about the means used by Pakistan?s quick bowlers to perfect the art of reverse swing that needs the ball to remain shiny on one side and scruffed on the other. Allegations of ball-tampering have been hurled at the Pakistanis, but not much has stuck to them in the absence of any concrete evidence. On the day that Inzamam-ul-Haq?s side levelled the three-Test series against India at the Gaddafi stadium, former leg-spinner ace Abdul Qadir dropped a bombshell when he said Pakistani pacemen used to tamper the ball in his playing days. Qadir had said in a television programme late on Tuesday night that Pakistan?s pace bowling success in recent times had reduced because of the close scrutiny of TV cameras and that the bowlers could not tamper with the ball like they had done in the past, and it was a comment that was to cost him his place as an analyst on the programme. On Thursday, an unrepentant Qadir, Pakistan?s most successful spinner ever with 236 wickets from 67 Tests, stood by his remarks. ?The pace bowlers? success often came from working on the ball,? Qadir said, just moments after Pakistan had completed their nine-wicket win. Qadir added that increased scrutiny by umpires and television cameras had reduced the pace bowlers success in recent times, including the current Test series against India. ?There are so many cameras focussing on every move of the players, particularly the bowlers, that it?s become virtually impossible to work on the ball.? For the record, some 23 cameras are being used for every match in this series, and the authorities concerned can spot every move of the bowlers to scratch the ball?s surface. The first time Qadir made those comments were on Tuesday night, when in a Pakistan Television programme, he was asked why pacemen Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Sami had not been effective against the Indian batsmen. ?It is well known that the ball has always been made up by Pakistani bowlers, but it hasn?t been possible this time. Even against Bangladesh last year, the fast bowlers were unsuccessful to an extent,? he said. ?I?ve seen a lot of things happen during my cricketing days," said Qadir, currently coaching juniors at his own academy in Lahore. Coming close on the heels of Rashid Latif?s renewed allegations of match-fixing, Qadir?s statements are precisely what Pakistan cricket did not need. It will be interesting to see what shape the future of his son Salman Qadir, who was part of the World Cup-winning U-19 team in Bangladesh recently, takes.

Re: India best in world says Abdul Qadir Ball tampering definitely happened at that time in most cases bowlers would not even try to hide it because it was a non issue. Chris Pringle(NZ fast bowler) admitted of using bottle tops during the Faisalabad test( the same series where NZ lost 3 nil). This whole issue really started to enthrall during the ENG PAK series in 1992 and that is when the ICC became severely critical. This is also when the TV cameras and the match referees were told to keep a close eye on any kind of ball tampering and in years to come other than one or 2 exception the ball tampering never occurred yet Wasim and Waqar continued to destroy teams with lethal spells of reverse swing bowling. I think they all should have listened to Geoff Boycott during this whole ball tampering saga when he said "Wasim and Waqar are so good that they can bowl England out with oranges" :wtg: So coming back to the topic i read all his quotes but didn't see where A Qadir called IND the "best in the world" or the favorites to win the cup.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: India best in world says Abdul Qadir Waqar was banned for tampering in that region of years to come as er your claim.... :lmao: What is next doping is popular everyone does that but only pakistanis get caught. :wtg:

Re: India best in world says Abdul Qadir MP I don't disagree but Pakistan takes everything to a new level. "The art of ball tampering" - Team Pakistan & "Master cheats"- Team Pakistan Coming to a book store near you :wtg: Edit- Oh I forgot " Afridi's twisted shuffle".

MP I don't disagree .
thanks.
Waqar was banned for tampering in that region of years to come as er your claim.... :lmao: What is next doping is popular everyone does that but only pakistanis get caught. :wtg:
clearly you must not have read the "one or 2 exceptions" part, anyways carry on with the original discussion.

MP I don't disagree but Pakistan takes everything to a new level. "The art of ball tampering" - Team Pakistan & "Master cheats"- Team Pakistan Coming to a book store near you :wtg: Edit- Oh I forgot " Afridi's twisted shuffle".
All have perfect explanations... Ball Tampering... We don't have visual, incriminating evidence do we? Till then, regrettably it will always remain heresy. Mater Cheats... catching ganguly in a pivotal test on a bounce, wicketkeeper being reprimanded by your own captain for behavior which goes above and beyond "bringing the game into disrepute"; all unfortunate adverse effects of a "killer instinct" or misplaced "enthusiasm to win". Afridi's notorious shuffle... involuntary foot movement due to err... troublesome undergarments that require periodic adjustment or maybe a severe bout of syphilis... you don't wanna know how i know what you think i know.