Video: Warne's going off on Ganguly in press conf..

veer

I think Warne has a point here - not about being late to the field, etc.- Ganguly always did that when he was captain but about the catch. Though I understand that he had a bad experience at Sydney earlier this year, if the square leg umpire (and not Ricky Ponting like last time) says that the catch was clean and also considering the reputation of the fielder who caught it, Ganguly should've just walked off.

I think Warne has a point here - not about being late to the field' date=' etc.- Ganguly always did that when he was captain but about the catch. Though I understand that he had a bad experience at Sydney earlier this year, if the square leg umpire (and not Ricky Ponting like last time) says that the catch was clean and also considering the reputation of the fielder who caught it, Ganguly should've just walked off.[/quote'] its not like the umpire asked Warne and Warne said out - it was the umpire Rudi saying it was out and Dada wanting to call third umpire as if he's the boss of the game

its not like the umpire asked Warne and Warne said out - it was the umpire Rudi saying it was out and Dada wanting to call third umpire as if he's the boss of the game
Yeah. I'm not sure why the umpire even agreed to call the 3rd umpire - wouldn't that mean that he's not trusting Koertzen ?Poor administration of the game to be honest. Very disappointed indeed.

Yeah. I'm not sure why the umpire even agreed to call the 3rd umpire - wouldn't that mean that he's not trusting Koertzen ?Poor administration of the game to be honest. Very disappointed indeed.
The umpire under question is a local Indian umpire. Probably, he was overawed by the situation and agreed to Dada's request. Dada could have done better than this.:sad_smile: Unfortunately, it's very sad to see Dada getting into all sorts of troubles (calling for his ODI inclusion, poor IPL performance, the incident in OP etc) in the twilight of his career. I hope he lets his fans remember him as that brave captain, who took no crap from the opposition, backed his young guns to the hilt, gave the team some steel/aggression (not the sreesanth type. Thanks) and left us dying for more of his shots played square of the wicket on the off.