I'll be back with a Bang: SRK

Zakhmi

2e31iro.jpg

Despite the poor performance in the inaugural IPL, Bollywood star and onwer of Kolkata Knight Riders Shah Rukh Khan today said his team will return next year and do better in the Twenty20 tournament. Khan along with KKR's co-onwer Juhi Chawla presented a gold plated helmet to all the members of their team at a function here today. He said he was happy over the squad performance in the IPL. KKR, already relegated from the contest in the eight-team championship, later in the evening face semifinalist Mohali at Eden Gardens to complete the league's 14-match fixture. Earlier, Khan and Juhi Chawla today called on West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and spent about an hour at Writers Buildings. The visit was described as a courtesy call. Shah Rukh Khan also suggested for opening a cricket academy in the city if the government provided logistic supports, said a source.

Failures make me more determined to succeed: Shah Rukh Khan

Mumbai (PTI): Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan on Tuesday said that failures make him more determined to succeed. Talking to reporters here, Shah Rukh said the failure of his IPL team Kolkata Knightriders to qualify for the semis was not a setback for "brand SRK". "I did my job with lot of passion. At the end of the day, it is just a sport. At the start of the IPL, it was said that the concept will not succeed. But, as the tournament progressed, the success is all to be seen. I am glad I am part of it. I don't like failures. The more I fail makes me more determined to succeed. I will make sure that I don't lose again," he said. He said of the 60 odd films that he has done in his entire career, only 20 have succeeded. SRK also said that he will not be part of the three IIFA weekend beginning from June six. "These are summer holidays for my children. I am keen to spend time with them rather than going to a foreign country for three days. My absence has nothing to do with Mr Amitabh Bachchan as it is being reported in the media in the last few years," he said. Earlier, he released ASSOCHAM's study on "India: the entertainment and Media hub". His company Red Chilles E Etertainment was enrolled as the member of the ASSOCHAM.
The Hindu