Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh

novpj

The more I read about this bangladesh team the more I am convinced that they could be a tough match up. I think we need an additional bat in middle order to handle their spinners and Sehwag might be up to it. Pathan is not a good player of spin + SRT struggles against left arm spinners and guess what both Rafique and Razzak are left arm spinners. A few early wickets and we could be in world of hurt. here's hoping we stack the middle order with an extra bat in the form of Sehwag and play out the first ten overs cautiously (though I dont know if that word exists in Uthappa's dictionary).

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh If you reckon Sehwag is going to score again tough opponent in this kind of form then you are mistaken. I honestly want to see him dropped. Luck or form doesn't seem to favour him at this point in time. He has had god knows how many chances and every time we say he will fire big time. All he does is of course fail big time. I think they should rest him in this game and play him against Bermuda.

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh But Ravi, NDTV was saying that Indian 12 has already been announced and Sehwag will open with Ganguly and Uthappa will bat at #3. It also said that Kumble was not included. I'm disappointed if this news is true.

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh I am too. Wonder why they give Sehwag so many freebies. I'm not saying he isn't good but usually he has been very inconsistent in ODIs and give similar chances to even someone like R.S.Sodhi and he will come good too. I didn't mind Sehwag in the 15 at all but to play him after having seen the way he has batted with utter disdain in the warm up games I don't reckon he deserves this another chance. He may slam a 100 now but he will be inconsistent in future too. If they dropped him from the WC opener he will have something to think about and will probably be a bit more patient the next time around. I'm gutted they aren't playing Kumble. Bangladesh will have no clue if they play him now.

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh i think its a good idea. not because he is deserving, but he is such a player that will demoralize the opposition. the truth is, for no fault of the bangla team, but their over zealous fans posting crud online, i dont just want india to beat them, but i want them to destroy their morale as well.

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh >>SRT struggles against the left arm spinners .... I am having a laugh. Sehwag should be given a chance against BD and BERMUDA to feel the leather and also try some overs in Bowling. We know he is better offspinner than most other teams first choices

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh My simple argument is that there is not better option + Sehwag plays spin well and his attacking presence in the middle order against B'desh's spinners will help. You cant make the same case for Pathan. I like Karthick but he doesnt seem as destructive against spin as Sehwag and we need an attacking player in the middle order to keep momentum going. Its not a question of freebies objectively I dont see a better option than Sehwag in middle order. On the other hand, I dont support Sehwag opening the innings. I dont think he is in the form to handle new ball.

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh One issue with Sehwag is of course you can expect him to deliver and when he delivers it sure will be devastating. That said what are the chances of him soring a big one? Probably one in 50 innings. Unfortunately that one inning coming today is hoping for a lot.

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh

One issue with Sehwag is of course you can expect him to deliver and when he delivers it sure will be devastating. That said what are the chances of him soring a big one? Probably one in 50 innings. Unfortunately that one inning coming today is hoping for a lot.
i agree but dropping sehwag for pathan doesnt make much sense. if they are dropping pathan i would like to see kartick in his place.

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh Sure thing, if it's a toss up between Sehwag and Pathan I would go for Sehwag too but Pathan snared 3 wickets in the last game and can bat better than Sehwag at the moment. I think it doesn't matter both are in their worst form of their life anyways.

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh sehwag opening the inning is a walking wicket even for team like BD. i dont mind being proven wrong but he hasnt done much of late. If they go with pathan then i want to see where he bats. I would send him at 3.

Re: Need to play Sehwag against Bangladesh There we go fellas, the same old story revisited. I am not happy I was proved right but this is so stupid to send Sehwag over Uthappa :wall: I think it should be time to stop playing people based on past reputation. Sehwag simply doesn't want to work hard.