Dravid has done it again!

This isnt the 1st time that Dravid overestimates his batting line up and screwed up and this wont be the last. What i dont get is,how can someone with such great knowledge of the game be so dull headed when it comes to assessing his own players. I remember,back in 2002 when ganguly chose to bat on seaming conditions and we pulled it off. Everybody praised it as a great decision and that eventually won us the game. But we never really got any advantage batting 1st thr. If we had batted like that in the 2nd innings we would won too. You dont lose a test when just 3 batsmen score around 550 runs in an innings, no matter when they bat. But, we won that test and everybody forgot about the stupidity of that decision. Now 5 years later, that same stupidity cost us a berth in the next round of the WC. For the 1st time since 1979(92 skipped a stage), we are not gonna advance to the 2nd stage of a WC and this WC had the easiest format for the top 8 to advance(In 03 and 99 only 6 out of top 8 teams cd advance to the next stage). Dravid, a humble opinion. No matter who the opposition is, respect the goddamn conditions. and dont even get me started on sehwag. As much, i would love to blame just that decision, i do realize that no matter what, we shouldn't have lost this game. Anyway 2 bright spots, pakistan is worse than us (Ireland!!wtf??) and i saved 200$. For ppl,who think that we can win against SL and go to the super 8s, well first we have to win the toss and bowl first. Given that, that probability is just 25%, i am not gonna lose sleep over it.

Re: Dravid has done it again! To digress again, for a moment, the skipper wasn't out yesterday, though. Dar saw how things were going in the Pakistan match, and decided that India shouldn't do much better. It was the killer blow. Such a rubbish decision!

Re: Dravid has done it again! Didn't the hawkeye show the ball hitting leg stump? Yeah, said it yesterday too, the batting was at its crappiest form, but the decision was another wrong one by Dravid. He should just let the opposition captain win the toss by default.

Re: Dravid has done it again!

So' date=' if BD had won the toss and fielded first the loss would have been fine? Toss, shoss, batting, shatting there is no reason to lose to BD in a WC match.[/quote']Yes, because it would've been out of your hand, there is no excuse for facking up decisions time and time again. I'm not excusing poor batting, but both are to be blamed.

Re: Dravid has done it again! I dont even think the decision was off. It wasn't anything like the Headingly green top in '03 or even the Lahore wicket of '04 that Zap is referring to. The wicket had some bounce and a bit of lateral movement for the first 10 overs maximum. We didn't lose the match to BD seemers but to their spinners. We were around 45/2 when spin was introduced at one end and 61/3 when spinners bowled non stop for 25 overs!! Stop whingining about the decision to bat and look at the shmbolic batting. Dont tell me thats all our seven heavyweights are capable of against BD on a slightly sporting wicket.

Re: Dravid has done it again! List of mistakes yesterday: 1 Winning the toss and electing to field 2 Sending Sehwag to open and NOT @ #6 just before Dhoni 3 Body Language the team had thought they had already won the game before they were on the field. That beatdown of WI in the final warm up game worked against us they were overconfident. 4. NOT bowling Sehwag in tanden with Bhajji. Sehwag and Bhajji should have been bowled stating around the 10th over.

Re: Dravid has done it again! The toss had little to do with it. We were fine even until the 40th over with Gangs settling and Yuvraj going great guns-yes we would have been better if the top order had succeeded but those two and MSD could have taken us to 250+...a series of brain farts later- we were facked. The bowling wasn't great. Zak was ordinary...he should know by now that you cant really bowl short pitched at 135kmph...that guy Tamim sauntered down the pitch and absolutely CLOUTED him for that. As for Aggy- less said the better. Munaf dosent help himself by bowling three short and wide 120kmph deliveries as looseners at the start of a spell...

Re: Dravid has done it again! The decision was way off, even dravid admitted that when he said the pitch was helpful for the bowlers longer than they expected. The pitch was much better in the afternoon. The batting was indeed shameful, but that doesn't justify giving any advantage (however small) to the opposition when you have the choice not to.

Re: Dravid has done it again! even when the situation was desperate, Munaf was running in and giving everything.... this lad was clocking 145 ayear earlier and now, he was jogging in at 120 and bowling line/length crap..... man, i so wished, Sreesanth was in the team..... atleast i know he had that spirit.... DRavid is a pooor pooor captain in motivating his men.....

Re: Dravid has done it again!

I dont even think the decision was off. It wasn't anything like the Headingly green top in '03 or even the Lahore wicket of '04 that Zap is referring to. The wicket had some bounce and a bit of lateral movement for the first 10 overs maximum. We didn't lose the match to BD seemers but to their spinners. We were around 45/2 when spin was introduced at one end and 61/3 when spinners bowled non stop for 25 overs!! Stop whingining about the decision to bat and look at the shmbolic batting. Dont tell me thats all our seven heavyweights are capable of against BD on a slightly sporting wicket.
Exactly ! I was saying the same thing throughout yesterday's match. Thank f*ck there are still some sensible people on here.