Woolmer post mortem inconclusive

Re: Woolmer post mortem inconclusive Even if you are poisoned, you die of something. There are telltale signs of widespread organ failure. An experienced pathologist will recognize that straightaway. Woolmer didn't commit suicide. I am convinced of that. Not the type. Therefore if we are suspecting poison, we must assume he was murdered. Now remember, he was found in his closed hotel suite, in the bathroom, in the middle of vomit and possibly diarrhoea. How? What would be the most likely thing he would eat or drink that others won't? The answer is his alcohol obviously. Now, because you only drink very small amounts of alcohol, you'd need a very potent poison to kill a person. Something like cyanide. Unlikely. It stinks like hell. You can smell it from a mile. Almonds. With most other poisons, Woolmer would have had time to seek help. He didn't. The more likely explanation is that he died from a massive inferior myocardial infarction. People often vomit when they have this kind of MI. The other thing that can kill people like that is when you have a massive clot in your lung (pulmonary embolism). There is usually a call to stool, the patient strains, and wham, the clot dislodges from a leg vein and gets stuck in the lungs. You don't get more than a few seconds to realize that you are dying. The bowels loosen as it happens. As he was found in bathroom, I would go between the above two natural causes.

Re: Woolmer post mortem inconclusive

Speculations' date=' speculations and more speculations![/quote'] It happens MP although not good. People won't discuss for a day or two at the most but when they don't really confirm the cause then people will naturally start talking. These speculations won't last long either, people tend to forget everything very quickly. In about a week's time people won't really be talking about Bob Woolmer.
Guest dada_rocks

Re: Woolmer post mortem inconclusive he was penning some book which was supposed to unveil many shady practices of bookies in cricket world, so who knows that clown sarfaraz nawaz may not be talking in air after all.

Re: Woolmer post mortem inconclusive BheemBhai go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myocardial_infarction Acute myocardial infarction (AMI or MI), commonly known as a heart attack, is a disease state that occurs when the blood supply to a part of the heart is interrupted. The resulting ischemia or oxygen shortage causes damage and potential death of heart tissue. It is a medical emergency, and the leading cause of death for both men and women all over the world.[1] Important risk factors are a previous history of vascular disease such as atherosclerotic coronary heart disease and/or angina, a previous heart attack or stroke, any previous episodes of abnormal heart rhythms or syncope, older age?especially men over 40 and women over 50, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, the abuse of certain illicit drugs, high triglyceride levels, high LDL ("Low-density lipoprotein") and low HDL ("High density lipoprotein"), diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and chronically high levels of stress in certain persons. The term myocardial infarction is derived from myocardium (the heart muscle) and infarction (tissue death due to oxygen starvation). The phrase "heart attack" is sometimes used incorrectly to describe sudden cardiac death, which may or may not be the result of acute myocardial infarction. Classical symptoms of acute myocardial infarction include chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, palpitations, sweating, and anxiety or a feeling of impending doom. Patients frequently feel suddenly ill. Women often experience different symptoms than men. The most common symptoms of MI in women include shortness of breath, weakness, and fatigue. Approximately one third of all myocardial infarctions are silent, without chest pain or other symptoms. Immediate treatment for suspected acute myocardial infarction includes oxygen, aspirin, glyceryl trinitrate and pain relief. The patient will receive a number of diagnostic tests, such as an electrocardiogram (ECG, EKG), a chest X-ray and blood tests to detect elevated creatine kinase or troponin levels (these are chemical markers released by damaged tissues, especially the myocardium). Further treatment may include either medications to break down blood clots that block the blood flow to the heart, or mechanically restoring the flow by dilatation or bypass surgery of the blocked coronary artery. Coronary care unit admission allows rapid and safe treatment of complications such as abnormal heart rhythms.

Speculations' date=' speculations and more speculations![/quote'] It happens MP although not good. People won't discuss for a day or two at the most but when they don't really confirm the cause then people will naturally start talking. These speculations won't last long either, people tend to forget everything very quickly. In about a week's time people won't really be talking about Bob Woolmer.
I understand but IMO while talking about such serious issue as this i think it will be wise for people with limited medical knowledge to limit the speculations and wait till the matter is cleared up.

Re: Woolmer post mortem inconclusive Most likely it is a death due to health reasons as Dr. Dhondy explained. Lets not make this an opportunity to blame someone without any evidence or just reading any garbage written on the press about bookies and stuff. He was a good man but had a short life. Pakistan Cricket is suffering in all ways now. Lets not make hay out of it please...

Okay' date=' was not trying to propagate any consipracy theories here. Was surprised that a common thing like heart attack/cardiac arrest/MI/AMI was not picked in the first autposy report and additional tests are required.[/quote'] Shwetabh, I must say that bothers me greatly. Any pathologist worth his salt wouldn't missed a MI or PE (pulmonary embolism). How good are they in the WI? Is it really something else? It's just too bizarre to contemplate. I find the idea of foul play ridiculous because I had marked out Bob as being at risk of a heart attack months ago. He was very overweight, and didn't look well at all. I've seen that look many times- it's the look of a sick man. I wrote as much on this website. I can't be assed to dig it up. But I wasn't surprised when he died. The signs were there.

Doc.... one more question..... why would u vomit bloodd...... i have never heard of tht..... they said' date=' there was blood splattered all over the wall.....[/quote'] Where does it say splattered. Gates? Blood was with the vomit. Repeated retching can cause small tears in the lining of the gullet, called Mallory-Weiss tears. Nothing unusual.

Keep in mind too that it's a herculean task to poison somebody without leaving traces of the stuff in his food or drink.
Dhondy. What about if someone is made to drink an odd combination of drinks with say a drug? A combination that is okay within limits but can be deadly if taken beyond a point? Okay this is all speculation(and I am the first one to admit it mind you). However if someone was taking "care" of Woolmer he obviously wouldnt do it in such a way so as to gather suspicions right away. It had to be done subtly without making a point and without attracting too much attention. Using poison or anything like that would bring notice almost immediately. Why not make a person drink so much, perhaps with some other intoxicant, that makes it look more "normal"? Again its all speculation and I kinda feel bad saying this all but I do have a 0.001% suspicion here.(Or maybe its just my lurking habit) xxx