XBOX opinion

Rajiv

I would definitely go with a PS3. With xbox 360, one needs to pay for online multiplayer gaming whereas for PS3 its free. Also with xbox360, there's a chance of getting red ring of death or whatever its called. Basically your xbox stops working after some time and the rate of this is pretty high. That's why a lot of people get the xbox 360 warranty. I've personally known peoplw who had a xbox 360 console which got that ring of death. luckily still had the warranty. Another thing regarding ps3 is that I read in an article that it has one of the best if not the best blue ray player. According to the report, Sony was actually making a loss in making the consoles but was reaping profits via the games not the hardware itself bottom line: get ps3

I heard the opposite that PS3 blue ray is the worst and almos everone sends it to sony after a year - this is 4 people from my office
really? well, I had a xbox 360 console which got ring of death, had warrantly so got it fixed. -xbox360 battery powered controllers vs ps3 usb rechargeables -xbox pay for online multiplayer gaming vs ps3 free -xbox may have more games that's just personal experience you may want to post on some gaming forum for a wider range of opinions

Rajeev, dont buy a second had/refub Xbox 360. The 360 which came out earlier has a major design flaw which resulted in 30% of them breaking. But MS came out with a 3 year warranty for that particular problem. Even with it the, the refub or 2nd had could not be trusted as warranty might have run out. Its 20 GB version, which they stopped making since Aug/Sep last year, so its not new. The newer versions (60 GB and arcade SKU) has different chipsets, so the problem appears to be fixed. Secondly about modding, MS will not repair (even for a fee) modded consoles. So basically, if it breaks, its as good as a door stop. Plus, MS will ban a modded console from Xbox live (so you can’t play online, download patches, demos, games, movies, etc). So I would recommend unmodded 60 GB premium which is only 300$ or if you have no plan on using netflix or its movie services, go for arcade version which is only 200$(you can buy HDD later if you want). If you are worried about games at 60$, then get older games. The 360 has possibly the best game library and has amazing games as much as 3 years old which can be purchased for 20$ or less. Regarding PS3, its blu-ray is good as its firm ware can be updated thro internet. But its defn. not the best blu-ray player around. Its 400$ for the cheapest but online is free. The PS3 is not hacked because of blu-ray. But my main gripe is that the PS3 older games are not as good or varied. It started getting good games only in the last 1 year and multiplatform games more or less run better on the 360. From movies POV, you can stream netflix thro’ your 360 (you need netflix subscription and xbox live gold which is 4$ a month) and stream tv shows/movies from your computer (PS3 can do this as well).

ps3 live sucks x box is basically to play x box live, there is no fun in playing games in arcade mode anymore... theoretically ps3 should have better games with better graphics since its a lot better machine than x box 360 .. but thats not always the truth....there are very few ps3 games out there that can use all the resources that ps3 provides.. back in the days people got the x box coz it had halo and ps3 coz' it had gta , now thats not the case... x box has both and ps3 still doesn't have halo..... ps3 is no doubt a really good media player and with some great graphics a lot better than x box... but when it comes to games it xbox.get an x box if u are a real hardcore games. get a ps3 if you are an occasional games and would like to use ps3 for its media capabilities a lot...

thanx guys' date=' but zap isnt ps3 hacked too? u get ps3 burnt games all the time[/quote'] Not saying its not hackable but just saying that the extent is much less. You really cant do it on your own unless you have a blu-ray writer. Even if you go to piratebay, you can't find any PS3 games. I really havent seen any burnt PS3 games yet but i dont go to that part of the town. Anyway, if you wanna mod a system, you might as well go with the PS3. Because without xbox live and voiding the warranty on the 360 will put you in a precarious position.

p.s its xbox 360 elite does that make a diff?
Only diff is size of HDD rest all same. 360 has better games than PS3 and better multiplayer options but then it will be as its paid. Netflix on 360 is a good option but not sure if it should be a major factor for buying one. If you arent a big gamer go for PS3, i have owned one for little less than 2yrs now , had a small problem with it when i bought it sent it to sony and they sent me a new set within a couple of days, since then its worked great never had any problem. Question for those who keep talking about pirated version of PS3 games, how do you fit a 30-35gb ps3 game on a media format which does not exceed 8gb ?

^^ Blue Ray disc buddy for PS 3 ======================== not big gamer, dont care abt online as well
googled and i didnt even know they had 50gb blue ray available i just knew about 25gb ones but not 50gb ones, next question where do we get these games ?? if you arent a big gamer then go for a ps3 more value for money and buy the cheapest version available.

p.s its xbox 360 elite does that make a diff?
The basic box are all the same. The only diff is the HDD size and the audio/video cables that come with it. Elite is the tard pack. You really dont need 120 GB. if you want to pirate, if you know where to buy those games,if you are not "hardcore" gamer, if you dont have friends who are into games, if you want a blu-ray movie player, then get a PS3.

getting games is not a problem there are many torrent sites, u need a blue ray burner i am really templted for this xbox, the freind who introduced this said the issue was with old xboxes new ones work fine
360 has better games i owned one till last month so if you already own a blue ray player then go for a 360, but do remember if you plan to watch netflix you need gold membership which is $40-$50 extra depending where you buy the card from. yes the newer machine which come with hdmi port no longer have the 'ring of death' or whtever its called issue. Go for gear of war , sequal came out a few months ago havent played GOW 2 but i found GOW better than halo 3.